Schumacher College "is a unique international educational institution. It provides individuals and groups from across the world with the opportunity to learn on numerous levels about subjects relating to environmental and social sustainability."  The College was set up by the Dartington Hall Trust.
"The College’s first teacher was James Lovelock, with" whom Stephan Harding "has maintained a long-lasting friendship and scientific collaboration that culminated in their joint appointment as chair holders of the Arne Naess Chair in Global Justice and the Environment at the University of Oslo." 
- Jonathan Rae, Head of College
- Karen Blincoe, Director (2006-08)
- Satish Kumar, Programme Director
- Brian Goodwin, Scholar in Residence
"The original team included Satish Kumar and Brian Nicholson. Newly recruited were Helen Challoner (to manage the food provision), Guy Claxton (an educational psychologist), Stephan Harding (a scientific ecologist) and Karen Thomas, who had recently completed her arts studies at Dartington College."
"After the review in 1993, the original staffing model – where the core faculty together ran the College – was replaced. In addition to an overall Director (Anne Phillips), there was a Director of Programmes (Satish Kumar) and one key academic (Stephan Harding) representing the central ecology focus of the work."
"One of their first students, Morag Gamble from Australia, first came in 1992. she returned in following years, and with her husband cofounded Crystal Waters College in Queensland, Australia, “which offers an holistic educcational experience based on Schumacher College. It also designs programmes for communities wishing to set up ecovillages, and Morag has taught such groups in twenty countries. She has also set up a City Farm in Brisbane and helped establish the Australian City Farms and Community Gardens Network. In 2003 she returned to Schumacher College to teach a course on ecodesign." 
Accessed October 2011: 
- Charlie McConnell, Director
- Stephen Jones (UK), Interim Director
- Mel Risebrow, Deputy Director
- Satish Kumar, Visting Fellow and Creative Director, Dartington Tagore Project
- Stephan Harding, Resident Ecologist and MSc Co-ordinator
- Philip Franses, Lecturer in Complexity and Holistic Science
- Jonathan Rae, Head of Vocations and Enterprise
- Julie Richardson, Head of Economics (jobshare)
- Jonathan Dawson, Head of Economics (jobshare)
- Bethan Stagg, Lecturer in Ecological Horticulture
- Inga Page, Programme Manager
- Heather Gillard, Administrator
- Melanie Stewart, Postgraduate Courses Manager
- Lou Rainbow, Vocations Administrator
- Joanna Brown, Open Learning Manager (jobshare)
- Constantin Dumba, Open Learning Manager (jobshare)
- Lisetta Tripodi, PA
- Anna Lodge, Marketing and Communications Manager
- Mark Wallace – Marketing Assistant
Visiting teachers to Schumacher College 2011/2012
Accessed April 2012: 
- Margaret Wheatley, Rob Hopkins, Henri Bortoft, David Key, Mary-Jayne Rust, Patricia Shaw, David W. Orr, Mary Mellor, Chris Nichols, Tony Greenham, Gustavo Esteva, Peter Reason, Ed Mayo, Nigel Topping, David Wheeler
Accessed April 2012: 
- James Lovelock, Fritjof Capra, Brian Goodwin, Vandana Shiva, Richard Heinberg, Mphatheleni (Mphathe) Makaulule, Jonathon Porritt, Malini Mehra, Andrew Simms, Johannes Jaeger, Stuart Kauffman, Michael Pawlyn, Ann Pettifor, Hazel Henderson, Tessa Tennant, Bruce Lipton, Bill McKibben, Wolfgang Sachs, Manfred Max-Neef, Gunter Pauli, Clare Short, Andrew Simms, Peter Senge, Iain McGilchrist, Jonathan Robinson, Tim Jackson
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- One Planet MBA
- College for Enlightened Agriculture
- John Pontin - former chair
- Earth Community Network
- Schumacher Society
- Whidbey Institute
- Sathirakoses Nagaprateepa Foundation
- Anita Roddick - patron
- A.T. Ariyaratne
- Dave Key
- Charlene Spretnak
- Office for Civil Society - supporter
- Schumacher Woo-macher, The Prince, Schumacher and Orwell: more from the College of Woo
- Wendy E. Cook
- Craig Holdrege - guest teacher
- Robin de Carteret
- Colin Tudge, Jane Pickard 
- Joel Kovel 
- Galeo Saintz - student
- Holistic Science Journal
- Christian de Quincey
- About, Schumacher College, accessed January 9, 2009.
- Schumacher College Stephan Harding, organizational web page, accessed April 25, 2012.
- Anne Phillips, Holistic Education: Learning from Schumacher College (Green Books, 2008), p.48, p.64, p.99.
- Sacred Activism, Schumacher College, accessed January 9, 2009.
- Staff, Schumacher College, accessed October 18, 2011.
- Schumacher College Visiting teachers to Schumacher College 2011/2012, organizational web page, accessed April 1, 2012.
- Schumacher College Past Teachers, organizational web page, accessed April 1, 2012.