Scott Hagerstrom is the State Director of the Michigan chapter of Americans for Prosperity, a Koch Industries-funded, anti-union free market advocacy group opposing proposals by U.S. President Barack Obama to reform heath care system and institute a cap and trade system to address global warming.
A video published on YouTube on February 26, 2011 shows Scott Hagerstrom, the executive director of Americans for Prosperity Michigan, advocating "taking unions out at the knees so they don't have the resources" to fight for workplace benefits or political candidates. 
Related SourceWatch articles
- Americans for Prosperity - National and State staff
- Citizens for a Sound Economy (predecessor of AFP)
- Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation
- David H. Koch
- Charles G. Koch
- Koch Family Foundations
- Front groups
- "Staff" Americans for Prosperity website, accessed September 2009.
- ThinkProgress/Americans for Prosperity Michigan [A AFP Michigan Exec Director: "Take The Unions Out at the Knees", video, accessed March 1, 2011