Scott L. Wheeler
Scott L. Wheeler is executive director of the National Republican Trust PAC. He was previously a contributing writer (2002-2004) for Insight, a national biweekly newsmagazine published by the Rev. Sun Myung Moon's News World Communications.
"Investigative reporter Scott Wheeler joined Insight in August 2002, before which he enjoyed a far-ranging and often risky career as a television and radio journalist.
"From 1996 to 2002, Scott served as a correspondent and later chief correspondent for American Investigator, a monthly TV newsmagazine of investigations into international breaking-news stories. Among the stories Scott covered for the show were NATO action in the former Yugoslavia and the transfer of 'dual-use' technology to the People's Republic of China by American defense contractors.
"Prior to his television career, Scott served as producer, host and reporter for Reporter's Journal, a syndicated daily talk-radio program featuring exposés of daily news events. Scott also has served as investigative bureau chief for Radio America.
"Scott writes predominantly on U.S. national-security issues for Insight. Highlights of his reports to date have included investigations into the threat posed to the United States by Caribbean-based terrorist organizations and the adoption by international terrorists of combat tactics pioneered by the U.S. military."
Re Reporter's Journal
At Reporter's Journal out of Johnstown, Colorado, "Wheeler was eventually replaced by an infomercial. He has gone on to a position with Paul Weyrich's National Empowerment Television and [Christopher] Ruddy's handlers have made him a minor media star."
By Scott L. Wheeler
- 1997: The Mena Cover-Up; Drugs, Deception and the Making of A President: "This riveting story tells of drugs, guns, money laundering, blackmail and murder. American heroes such as Arkansas State Police Investigator Russell Welch, I.R.S. Federal Agent Bill Duncan, journalist Scott Wheeler and others, put their reputation, jobs, and lives on the line to make this revealing documentary possible."
"American Investigator" Video Documentaries
- 1999: Gunrunner's Suite: "exposed a smuggling operation on American soil to send armaments to the terrorist government of Libya."
- 2000: Trading with the Enemy: "an investigative documentary with new revelations on dangerous U.S. weapons technology transfers to the Communist Chinese government, and links to Clinton and Democratic Party illegal fundraising."
- "Some journalists had more information on the terrorist threat to America than the FBI or CIA. ... What remains to be investigated is whether the previous Clinton Administration had a deliberate policy of turning a blind eye to these terrorist activities on American soil. One journalist who investigated one aspect of this problem was Scott Wheeler, chief correspondent for the American Investigator television program. Wheeler's 1999 documentary, Gunrunner's Suite, exposed a smuggling operation on American soil to send armaments to the terrorist government of Libya."
- "Defense Inspector General Faked Records," Washington Times, June 6, 2001. (Article cites a GAO review of falsified peer review documents prepared by the DOD Inspector General.) Note: Article has not been located online.
- "Controversial Staffer Clouds 9/11 Probe," Insight (antiauthority.com), July 15, 2002.
- "New DoD Inspector General Cleans House," Insight (antiauthority.com), September 9, 2002.
- "China Makes Spying A Company Policy," Insight, November 12, 2002.
- "Next Wave of Terror From Islamic Republic of Iran and Al-Qaeda," Insight (IRVAJ), December 2, 2002.
- "Jihadists Change Terror Stereotype," Insight, December 3, 2002; and "Blond, blue-eyed Muslim terrorists? Security expert Bodansky says Bosnians put 'new face' on jihadist stereotype," WorldNetDaily, December 5, 2002.
- "The Nation: War on Terror. Terrorist Tactics for the War With the West," Insight, December 12, 2002.
- "The World: Trinidad and Tobago Terrorists Develop Island Operations," Insight, December 24, 2002.
- "MEMRI Research Cited in the Media," MEMRI, January 6, 2003.
- "Terrorist Tactics for War With the West," Insight, January 6, 2003.
- "Missile Technology Sent to China," Insight (PropertyRightsResearch.org), February 5, 2003.
- "Missile Technology Sent To China," Insight on the News, February 18, 2003.
- "Missile Technology Plant Moved to China (JDAM Smart Bombs)," Insight (Free Republic), March 4, 2003.
- "How Beijing Gets U.S. Defense Plants," Insight, March 6, 2003.
- "Why Syria May Be The Next Target," Insight, April 29, 2003.
- "Clinton gave China 'false certification' on nukes. Analyst threatened with firing for assessment opposing tech transfers," News World Communications, Inc. (sciforums.com), August 25, 2003.
- "Stories Back in the News: The Link Between Iraq and Al-Qaeda," Insight, September 29, 2003; reposted Insight Magazine, June 18, 2004; posted as "Iraq-al-Qaida link revealed. Saddam part of 'money-laundering operation' for Islamic terror group," WorldNetDaily, September 30, 2003.
- "'Dirty-bomb' plot underway in U.S.? Fears over elusive al-Qaida suspect, missing reactor materials," Insight (WorldNetDaily), October 30, 2003.
- "Breaking News: Is Khobar Towers Testimony Being Silenced?" Insight, December 17, 2003.
- "Europe Attacks U.S. Space System," World Affairs Board, February 17, 2004.
- "Gorelick's Memo Impeded Probe of Clinton's China Scandal," Cybercast News Service (CNS News) (eposted at NewsMax), April 26, 2004.
- "Gorelick Rejected Attempt to Revise 'Wall' Memo," CNS News (NewsMax), April 29, 2004.
- "Terrorists' 'Probing Attacks' Said to Be Happening Nationwide," CNS News, August 9, 2004 (with Heather Wier).
- "Expert Links Probing Attacks to Fourth Generation Warfare," CNS News, August 16, 2004; also posted on Crosswalk.com and NewsMax websites.
- "More Alleged Hamas Operatives Linked to DC-Area Think Tank," CNS News, August 26, 2004.
- "Kerry Calls Swift Boat Book 'A Pack of Lies'," CNS News, September 15, 2004.
- "Exclusive: Saddam Possessed WMD, Had Extensive Terror Ties," CNS News, October 4, 2004.
- "Inspector's Report Bolsters Credibility of Iraqi Intelligence Documents," CNS News, October 13, 2004.
Related SourceWatch articles
- National Republican Trust staff, retrieved January 26, 2009.
- This staff link for Scott L. Wheeler, Insight Magazine, accessed August 22, 2005, is no longer active, nor can it be located by the Wayback Machine.
- D.C. Dave, "My introduction," DCDave.com.
- "Mena, Drugs and the CIA," RCN.com.
- Reed Ervine and Cliff Kincaid, "Journalists Who Were Right," AIM.org, October 30, 2001.
- "American Investigator to Release Documentary 'Trading with the Enemy: How Clinton Administration Armed Communist China'," American Investigator (Free Republic), January 13, 2000.
- Meet the Writers & Editors: Scott L. Wheeler, Insight, updated January 2005. (Inactive link).
- "Illegal Armsdeal: Pipeline Exposed," Gossip Magazine, April 28, 2000.
- Reed Irvine and Cliff Kincaid, "AMERICA'S CHINA SYNDROME Beijing acquires more U.S. technology. Transfer of high-tech equipment result of long-range espionage," March 6, 2003. Editor's note: WorldNetDaily is pleased to have a content-sharing agreement with Insight magazine, the bold Washington publication not afraid to ruffle establishment feathers. By Scott L. Wheeler© 2003 "News World Communications Inc."
- David Thibault, "Journalistic Methodology Used to Report Details of Saddam's Terror Ties," "CNS News", October 4, 2004.
- Jim Geraghty, "Does CNSNews.com have the story of the year?" National Review Online, October 4, 2004.
- Marc Fisher and Jeff Leen, "A Church in Flux Is Flush With Cash," Washington Post, November 23, 1997.