Learn more about how the State Policy Network aids ALEC and spins disinformation in the states.
Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Spark Freedom is a Tennessee-based 501(c)(3) organization and an associate member of the State Policy Network (SPN). It was formerly named "Operation Geek Farm." According to its website, Spark Freedom is a "nonprofit strategic planning and communications advising organization" which helps its clients "formulate, target, and release communications that will best accomplish [their] organizational objectives." Their mission is "To help the liberty movement recapture the hearts of its most important target audience – our neighbors."
- Total Revenue: $869,195
- Total Expenses: $888,963
- Net Assets: $28,370
- Total Revenue: $749,015
- Total Expenses: $815,750
- Net Assets: $48,138
- Total Revenue: $465,968
- Total Expenses: $394,474
- Net Assets: $114,873
- Total Revenue: $276,963
- Total Expenses: $222,136
- Net Assets: $54,827
As of August 2016:
- Sara Nicole Williams, President & CEO (former Senior Communications Advisor at SPN, former Vice President of Operations at Beacon Center of Tennessee, and formerly worked at Cascade Policy Institute)
- Jonathan Williams, Vice President (formerly worked at the Maine Heritage Policy Center, and State Budget Solutions (a project of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC))
- Barb Ford, Marketing Executive Coach (formerly worked at Procter & Gamble and HCA)
- Anja Hartleb-Parson, Communications
- Lani Johnson, Vice President Development
- John Guido, Board of Directors
- Matt Fontana, Board Member
- Jack Leebron, Board Member
- Stanford Swim, Board Member (also President of the GFC Foundation and Trustee at the Sutherland Institute)
As of August 2016:
- Chris Anderson (formerly worked at Intel)
- Brett Corrieri
- Barb Ford (also Marketing Executive Coach for Spark Freedom)
- Scott W. Graves
- Sarah R. Johnson
- Kevan Kjar
- Chip Oglesby
- John Tsarpalas (President of the Sam Adams Alliance and former Executive Director of the Illinois Republican Party)
PO Box 2472
Cookeville, TN 38502-2472
- State Policy Network, Directory, organizational website, accessed August 30, 2016.
- Operation Geek Farm, 2011 Form 990, organizational tax filing, November 15, 2012.
- Spark Freedom, Who We Are, organizational website, accessed August 30, 2016.
- Spark Freedom, Our Clients, organizational website, accessed August 31, 2016.
- Donors Capital Fund, IRS form 990, November 16, 2015.
- Spark Freedom, 2014 Form 990, organizational tax filing, May 13, 2015.
- Spark Freedom, 2013 Form 990, organizational tax filing, September 9, 2014.
- Spark Freedom, 2012 Form 990, organizational tax filing, January 19, 2014.
- Spark Freedom, Our Experts Council, organizational website, accessed August 31, 2016.