Stanley Black & Decker
Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
|Company Name||Stanley Black & Decker|
|CEO Name||John Lundgren|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$6,734,812|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$421,500,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$10,376,400,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$1,260,000,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$1,100,000|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Stanley Black & Decker is a public company that manufactures tools and household hardware founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley, Duncan Black and Alonzo Decker. The current company is a merger between Frederick Stanley's company and Duncan Black and Alonozo Decker's company. According to the company website, "in 2010, the two companies combined to form Stanley Black&Decker, to deliver the tools and solutions that industrial companies, professionals, and consumers count on to be successful when it really matters." The company is headquartered in New Britain, Connecticut.
In 2011, the company reported $10,376,000,000 in net sales.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Stanley Black & Decker is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
As of January 2013
- Nolan D. Archibald: Executive Chairman of the Board
- John G. Breen: Lead Independent Director
- George W. Buckley: Chairman, Arle Capital Partners and Chairman, Expro
- Patrick D. Campbell: Retired Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, 3M Company
- Carlos M. Cardoso: Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Kennametal, Inc.
- Virgis W. Colbert: Former Executive Vice President, Miller Brewing Company
- Robert B. Coutts: Retired Executive Vice President, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Benjamin H. Grizwold, IV: Chairman, Brown Advisory
- Eileen S. Kraus: Retired Chairman, Fleet Bank, Connecticut
- John F. Lundgren: President and Chief Executive Officer, Stanley Black & Decker
- Anthony Luiso: Retired President- Campofrio Spain, Campofrio Alimentacion, S.A.
- Marianne Miller Parrs: Retired Executive President and Chief Financial Officer, International Paper Company
- Robert L. Ryan: Retired Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Medtronic
Stanley Black & Decker
1000 Stanley Drive
New Britain, CT 06053
Phone: (860) 225-5111
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security