Dr. Steve H. Hanke (Stephen Hanke) is a professor of Applied Economics at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, a Senior Fellow of the Cato Institute, a director of the Democratic Century Fund, chairman of the Friedberg Mercantile Group in New York, on the Advisory Board of the Acton Institute, and since 1993 a columnist for Forbes. Professor Hanke also advises governments on currency reform, privatization and capital market development.
- Russian Currency and Finance (1993)
- Currency Boards for Developing Countries (1994)
- Alternative Monetary Regimes for Jamaica (1996)
- Currency Boards: The Financing of Stabilization (1997)
- The Revolution in Development Economics (1998)
- The Montenegrin Marka (1999)