Steven Spielberg - Hollywood Director -
"Steven Spielberg is a principal partner of DreamWorks Studios. One of the industry’s most successful and influential filmmakers, Spielberg has directed, produced, or executive produced some of the top-grossing films of all time, including “Jurassic Park” and “E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial.”...
"Spielberg has also devoted his time and resources to many philanthropic causes. The impact of his experience making “Schindler’s List,” led him to establish the Righteous Persons Foundation using all his profits from the film. He also founded Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation, which has recorded more than 52,000 Holocaust survivor testimonies. Spielberg executive produced “The Last Days,” the Shoah Foundation’s third documentary, which won the Academy Award® in 1999 for Best Documentary Feature. In 2005, the Foundation’s repository of testimonies were transferred to the University of Southern California. The new USC Shoah Foundation Institute for Visual History and Education is dedicated to research and scholarship in the humanities and social sciences. In addition, Spielberg is the Chairman Emeritus of the Starlight Children's Foundation, which combines the efforts of pediatric health care, technology and entertainment to empower seriously ill children and their families." 
- Trustee, American Film Institute
- Executive Advisory Board , Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation 
- Cofounder and Emeritus Chair, Starlight Children's Foundation 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Raoul Wallenberg
- George Walker Bush
- Haim Saban
- David Geffen
- National Endowment for the Humanities: National Humanities Medal
- Top 100 of The New Establishment
- Douglas Greenberg
- DreamWorks Studios Executives, DreamWorks Studios, accessed November 17, 2010.
- Directors, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, accessed August 6, 2009.
- Board, Starlight Children's Foundation, accessed November 17, 2010.
- Kim Bullimore, "Pro-Palestinian or pro-Zionist?", Green Left Weekly, February 15, 2006.
- Stephen Gowans, "Spielberg: Chauvinist in humanitarian drag", What's Left, February 13, 2008.
- Manchel, F. (1995), “A reel witness: Steven Spielberg's representation of the Holocaust in Schindler's List,” Journal of Modern History, 67 (1), pp.83-100.