Terrorist Screening Data Base
The Federal Bureau of Investigation, which is in charge of the Terrorist Screening Data Base (TSDB), says that the TSDB "will provide the Terrorist Screening Center (TSC) with the flexibility to conduct advanced algorithmic searches on vast amounts of data.
"The FBI added that it had established a 'nomination process' to add individuals to the database; a review process for accepting or rejecting nominations; procedures for modifying or deleting watch list records; a data correction process; and the creation of ombudsman positions to manage misidentification of persons listed in the database."
Testimony: "United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary Information Sharing and Coordination for Visa Issuance: Our First Line of Defense for Homeland Security" by John Brennan, Director, Terrorist Threat Integration Center, September 23, 2003.
Other SourceWatch Resources
- civil liberties
- Computer Assisted Passenger PreScreening System II (CAPPS II) and CAPPS II abuses
- data mining
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Foreign Terrorist Tracking Task Force
- Information Analysis and Infrastructure Protection
- internet surveillance
- Multistate Anti-Terrorism Information Exchange Program
- Passenger Profiling
- Patriot Act I
- Patriot Act I headlines
- Patriot Act II
- Patriot Act abuses
- Patriot Act industry
- private security consultants
- September 11, 2001
- Terrorism Information Awareness
- War on terrorism