The Obesity Class Action Against McDonald's
In 2002 a lawsuit was filed against McDonald's by Samuel Hirsch in a Manhattan federal court. The claim alleged the company breached the state's consumer protection legislation by misleading customers into beleiving that the company's products were healthy.
Other SourceWatch Resources
- The 'Cheeseburger Bill'
- Legal Actions Against McDonald's
- Third party technique
- Maven Strategies
- Socially Accountable Farm Employer
- "McDonald's targeted in obesity lawsuit", BBC, November 22, 2002.
- "McDonald's Wins Fat Fight", CBS HealthWatch, January 22, 2003.
- Ilaina Jonas, "McDonald's obesity suit may be only the first nibble", Reuters, January 27, 2003.
- "McDonald's obesity suit thrown out", CNN, September 4, 2003.
- "Fat Suit Vs. McDonald's Reinstated", CBS News, January 25, 2005.