Thomas H. Kean
Thomas Kean, the former Governor of New Jersey, served as Co-Chairman of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission).
A biographical note on The Century Foundation web pages describes Kean as : "former Governor of New Jersey (1982-1990), is Drew University's 10th President. In addition to his responsibilities as President, President Kean teaches a political science seminar, Governing a State, is advisor to That Medieval Thing and Alpha Phi Omega (the national service fraternity), and takes part in many campus events.
- "Kean writes a regular column for the Star Ledger (for which he and co-author, former NJ Governor Brendan T. Byrne, received the Washington Monthly Journalism Award) and appears on television as a regular commentator on New Jersey Network. His first book, The Politics of Inclusion, was published in 1988.
- "Because of his concern about the rising costs of higher education, Kean co-chaired The National Commission on Investment in Higher Education, which highlighted the fiscal problems this country faces in its June, 1997 report, Breaking the Social Contract: The Fiscal Crisis in Higher Education. President William Jefferson Clinton appointed President Kean to serve both on the Advisory Board to the President's Initiative on Race and as chair of the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. He is also on the board of a number of organizations including: The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, The World Wildlife Fund (National Council Member), United Health Care Corporation, National Center for Learning Disabilities.
- "He is the former chairman of both the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the National Environmental Education and Training Foundation. Governor Kean received his bachelor's degree from Princeton University and earned a master's in education from Teachers College, Columbia University.
"He also served on the National Endowment for Democracy. He is a former chair of the Carnegie Corporation of New York, and on the board of many organizations, including the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the National Council of the World Wildlife Fund." 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Roger J. Stone, Jr., "The Edge of Tom Kean," Philadelphia Inquirer, April 21, 2004.
- Thomas Kean, Co-chair former Governor of New Jersey and President, Drew University, accessed December 2004.
- "Kean, Hamilton: Iraq War a Mistake," NewsMax, August 13, 2006.
- Joe Conason, "Jersey hustler. Why did former Gov. Kean, once a respected statesman, mislead the public and the press about the accuracy of ABC's Path to 9/11?" Salon, September 15, 2006. Free preview or subscription required.