Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry (2004 book)
The book does not appear to have an official promotional website.
After bigoted statements made by Corsi at a conservative website became public , O'Neill claimed that Corsi wasn't really the coauthor of the book, but simply helped in its editing (see interview with Wolf Blitzer, CNN, Aug. 11,2004). However, parts of the book are nearly identical to parts of articles posted by Corsi at one of Scott Swett's websites. 
Writing in Publishers Weekly, Jim Milliot and Kevin Howell reported that a number of both major chain and independent bookstores had encountered people ringing up to place large orders for Unfit for Command (as well as Michael Moore is a Big Fat Idiot) and leaving bogus names and disconnected phone numbers. 
Sheila Burns, the owner of Bloomsbury Books, Ashland, Oregon told Publishers Weekly that the callers were both men and women. "And they sound very orchestrated, like people are being told what to say. They want to know how many books I have on order and whether I will have stacks in the store. When I said that Unfit was on backorder, they wanted to know our distributor. That's pretty sophisticated for a layperson to ask about," she said.
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Links to Sources for ISBN 0895260174
- Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
- Banana Republicans
- John Kerry's 1971 Senate Testimony
- Jim Milliot and Kevin Howell, "Booksellers Caught in Dustup Over Kerry Record", Publishers Weekly, August 24, 2004.
- Truth and Unfit for Command: A Review. Rebuttal/debunking includes links to relevant U.S. Navy documents.
- Unfit For Command website. Unofficial site supportive of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and their book. According to the WHOIS database, it was registered on August 6th 2004 by William E. Gordon III  .
- Bush and Kerry Military Records -- Compare.
- Kerry's Response to the attacks.
- "Front for the Bush Campaign" by the New York Times.
- Analysis of Washington Times coverage of Swift Boat Veterans Swiftboating USA