Frederick Clarkson reported in Salon that Rev. Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church played a key role in supporting the Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan's Million Family March in Washington D.C. "Moon's role in the Million Family March is the fruit of a three-year personal relationship that began when Farrakhan helped officiate at one of Moon's marriage ceremonies at Washington's RFK Stadium in 1997," he wrote.
On March, 23 2004 an event was held at the Dirksen Senate Office Building in which Rev. Moon and his wife were crowned as the messiahs of the world. This event was captured on video, and later published on the Unification Church's own website, before being taken down. A number of very public politicians who were seen later excused their presence saying they did not understand who or what was really going to take place when they received and accepted the invitation to the event. 
A partial list of Congressional members in attendance:
Take over of University of Bridgeport
In the early 90's, in a controversial move, University of Bridgeport trustee's, facing a large financial shortfall, agreed to a financing deal with the Moon controlled organization, Professors World Peace Academy. The was considered quite controversial and led to Bridgeport's law school moving to Quinnipac, and its accredidation to come under fire.
Unification Church controlled orgnizations
- Washington Times
- Insight Magazine
- News World Communications – company owning the Unification Church's media holdings
- New York Tribune
- Noticias del Mundo (Spain)
- Service for Peace
- Washington Institute for Values in Public Policy – think tank
Unification Church influenced organizations
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Bill Berkowitz, "The Reverend Moon's Comeback", AlterNet, March 13, 2001.
- Wayne Madsen, "Moon Shadow:The Rev, Bush & North Korea", CounterPunch, January 14, 2003.
- Charles Babington and Alan Cooperman, "The Rev. Moon Honored at Hill Reception: Lawmakers Say They Were Misled", Washington Post, June 23, 2004.
- F.A.C.T.Net, Inc. The Rev. Mr. Moon's University", 1992.
- Bill Berkowitz, "Sun Myung Moon front group gets $80,000 in federal money to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. day: Moonies claim credit for MLK's revered status ", Media Transparency, May 14, 2007.