United Technologies Corporation
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a diversified holding company employing over 205,000 people, operating in more than 180 countries and is the 51st largest U.S. corporation. In 2003 UTC revenues went beyond $31 billion. UTC is a global technology corporation with a history in aerospace, aviation, helicopter design, climate control, elevator design and hydrogen fuel cells. All of UTC's businesses have access to each other's ideas and technologies, which promotes technological creativity throughout the corporation. UTC sees the environment as a priority and is steadily reducing its impact on the environment with cleaner industrial processes, while continuously improving energy efficiency both in products and production. It's holdings include:
- Carrier, HVAC/Air Conditioning company.
- Chubb, a security and fire protection company.
- Hamilton Sundstrand, an aerospace supplier.
- Otis, maker of elevator systems.
- Pratt and Whitney, a leading engine and aerospace design firm.
- Sikorsky, a helicopter manufacturer (including the famous Blackhawk).
- UTC Research, an R&D branch that explores basic research and its application to UTC companies.
- UTC Power, a fuel cell company.
In late 2004, United Technologies acquired Kidda plc. 
Of its 31 billion revenue (2003), 5.6 billion came from the federal government.
Discover Which Corporations are the Biggest Violators of Environmental, Health and Safety Laws in the United States
Violation Tracker is the first national search engine on corporate misconduct covering environmental, health, and safety cases initiated by 13 federal regulatory agencies. Violation Tracker is produced by the Corporate Research Project of Good Jobs First. Click here to access Violation Tracker.
United Technologies gave $580,500 to federal candidates in the 2006 election through its political action committee - 32% to Democrats, 66% to Republicans, and 2% ($14,000) to independent Joseph Lieberman (I-CT). 
Accessed May 2010: 
- John V. Faraci - Chairman and CEO, International Paper
- Jean-Pierre Garnier - CEO, Pierre Fabre SA
- Jamie S. Gorelick - Partner, WilmerHale
- Carlos M. Gutierrez - Former U.S. Secretary of Commerce Former Chairman and CEO, Kellogg Company
- Edward A. Kangas - Former Chairman and CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Charles R. Lee - Retired Chairman and Co-CEO, Verizon Communications
- Richard D. McCormick - Retired Chairman, President & CEO US West, Inc.
- Harold McGraw III - Chairman, President and CEO, The McGraw-Hill Companies
- Richard B. Myers - General, U.S. Air Force (Ret.) Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- H. Patrick Swygert - President Emeritus, Howard University
- André Villeneuve - Non-Executive Chairman, LIFFE
- Christine Todd Whitman - President, The Whitman Strategy Group
|Key executives and 2006 pay: ||Options
|George David, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer||$8,630,000||$28,300,000|
|Louis R. Chenevert, Chief Operating Officer||$2,860,000||$3,070,000|
|James E. Geisler, Vice President of Finance||$848,000||$458,000|
|Ari Bousbib, President of Otis||$2,070,000||$6,250,000|
|Geraud Darnis, President of Carrier Corporation||$1,170,000||$3,190,000|
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- Jean-Pierre Garnier, Also Chief Executive Officer, GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Charles R. Lee, Former Chairman and Co-CEO, Verizon Communications
- Richard Myers, Former Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Frank P. Popoff, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Dow Chemical Company
- John V. Faraci
1 Financial Plaza
Hartford, CT 06101
Related SourceWatch articles
- Military-industrial complex
- Debra Valentine - former Vice President
- Ruth Harkin - Senior Vice President, International Affairs and Government Relations
- Carlos M. Gutierrez
- Alexander Meigs Haig, Jr. - former president
- Ellen Kullman
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed November 2007.
- United Technologies lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed November 2007.
- [ Directors], , accessed May 9, 2010.
- United Technologies Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed November 2007.
- Board of Directors, United Technologies, accessed November 2007.