This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's focus on the fallout of nuclear "spin."
Valley Watch was formed in 1981 as a non-profit organization whose goal is to protect the public health and environment of the lower Ohio River Valley area of Indiana and Kentucky. Their efforts have helped stop three synthetic fuel plants, three hazardous waste incinerators, several coal fired power plants, a nuclear waste site, and a nuclear power plant.
Targeted coal plant proposals
- Baldwin Energy Complex
- Cash Creek Generation
- Edwardsport Plant
- Prairie State Energy Campus
- Southern Illinois Clean Energy Center
- Sullivan County Plant
- Thoroughbred Generating Station
- Trimble County Generating Station 2
Location: Evansville, IN
Group website: Valley Watch
Contact: contact [at] valleywatch.net
- Introduction, Valley Watch website, accessed March 2008.
- History, Valley Watch website, accessed March 2008.