Vornado Realty Trust
Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
|Company Name||Vornado Realty Trust|
|CEO Name||Steven Roth|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$26,636,463|
|Annual Company Revenue||$2,915,665,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$210,000|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
According to its website, Vornady Realty Trust is a publicly-owned, "fully-integrated real estate investment trust (REIT). Vornado is one of the largest owners and managers of commercial real estate in the United States… primarily located in the New York and Washington, DC Area."Vornado Realty Trust was originally formed from Two Guys, a discount store chain founded in 1947. The company is headquartered in New York, New York.
In 2011, Vornado Realty Trust reported $2,915,665,000 in total revenues.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Vornado Realty Trust is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of January 2013
- Steven Roth: Chairman of the Board
- Michael D. Fascitelli: President and Chief Executive Officer
- Mark Falanga: President of the Merchandise Mart Division
- Michael J. Franco: Executive Vice President- Co-head of Acquisitions and capital Markets
- David R. Greenbaum: President of the New York Office Division
- Joseph Macnow: Executive Vice President- Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer
- Mitchell N. Schear: President of Vorando/Charles E. Smith Washington, DC Office Divison
- Wendy Silverstein: Executive Vice President- Co-Head of Acquisitions and Capital Markets
Executive/New York Office:
888 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 894-7000
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security