Voter outreach includes voter education, voter registration, and voter mobilization.
- 109th Congress. H.R. 3557: Voter Outreach and Turnout Expansion Act of 2005: "To amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to require States to permit individuals to register to vote at polling places on the date of an election, to cast ballots at designated polling places prior to the date of an election, and to obtain absentee ballots for an election for any reason, and for other purposes." Sponsor: Rep. Alcee L. Hastings [FL-23] (introduced 7/28/2005). Cosponsors (None). Latest Major Action: 10/12/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Workforce Protections.
- Project Vote
- USAVote Net, "a project of WomenVote" (sponsored by the Carnegie Corporation of New York).
- Christopher Hayes, "Voter Outreach, Door by Door," In These Times (AlterNet), January 27, 2004.
- "GOP-Funded Voter's Outreach of America Job Posting," BuzzFlash Alert, October 13, 2004: "A Google search for 'Voter Outreach of America' found a job posting for 'Door to door signups' in Nevada. ...funded by the Republican National Committee."
- Brian Reich, "The Prosperity Project: Corporate Voter Outreach on the Sly," Personal Democracy Forum, December 10, 2004.
- Michelle Chen, "House Passes Bill Discouraging Voter Outreach," New Standard News, October 27, 2005.
- John Aravosis, "MSNBC offering conservative voter outreach, for a price," Open Letter to Chris Matthews Blogspot, February 8, 2006. See "Announcing a New Audio Conference: February 16. How to Reach Masses of Conservative Voters with Your Cause, Policy or Political Message," Bulldog Reporter's PR University (Infocom Group, 5900 Hollis Street, Suite L, Emeryville, CA 94608).