Walter P. Stern is "associated with Capital Group Companies, Inc., a large investment management firm. He is vice chairman and a director of Capital International, Inc. and vice chairman of Capital Group International, Inc. He is also chairman emeritus of the New Perspective Fund and the Emerging Markets Growth Fund, both global funds. Additionally, Mr. Stern has responsibilities for following financial and political developments in New York and worldwide. Prior to joining Capital in 1973, Mr. Stern was a senior executive vice president and director of Drexel Burnham & Co. in New York, where he was responsible for research, institutional sales, and investment management. ... Stern received a bachelor’s degree (Phi Beta Kappa) from Williams College and an MBA with distinction from Harvard University. "
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Board member, American Committee on Foreign Relations
- Member, Board of Visitors of the Monterey Institute
- Trustee, Jewish Policy Center
- Board member, Republican Jewish Coalition
- Board chairman, Hudson Institute
- Advisory council member, CFA Institute
- Past chairman, Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts
- Past chairman, Financial Analysts Federation
- Past trustee, Financial Accounting Foundation (oversight body of the FASB)
- Past trustee, Municipal Securities Review Board (MSRB)
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ Advisory Council, CFA Institute/CFA Centre.