Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
Wheels, Inc. is a company founded in 1939 by Zollie Frank and Armund Schoen, originally called Four Wheels. According to its website, it provides "comprehensive vehicle fleet management services to organizations around the world" and "now has over 70 years of experience in the industry with annual sales volume approaching $3 billion. And our business is still 100% fleet leasing and management. Our company growth has been strictly internal; that is, business earned through diligence and good service, with no outside acquisitions of other domestic leasing companies. Wheels is a privately-held corporation operating under our parent company, Frank Consolidated Enterprises, which is ranked by Forbes magazine as one of the 200 largest private companies in the United States."
Wheels, Inc. is a privately-held company. Its website states it has "an annual sales volume of about $1.6 billion and assets approaching $3 billion."
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Wheels, Inc. is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of February 2013
- Jim Frank - President
- Mary Ann O'Dwyer - Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations, Chief Financial Officer and Director
- Scott Pattullo - Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Daniel Z. Frank - President of Wheels Services
- Steven Loos - Vice President of Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Shlomo Crandus - Vice President, Finance
- Laura Jozwiak - Vice President, Client Relations
- Bill Robinson - Vice President, International
- Norman Din - Vice President, Sales
- Jane McMonagle - Vice President of Vehicle Operations
Wheels Inc. 666 Garland Place
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Phone: (847) 699-7000
Fax: (847) 699-6494
Email: info AT wheels.com
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- Wheels, "Decades of Innovation", organizational website, accessed February 6, 2013
- Wheels, "Financial Strength", organizational website, accessed February 6, 2013
- Wheels, "Leadership Team", organization website, accessed February 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|