White Pine Power Plant
White Pine Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Traxys - a Belgian multinational metals trading corporation - near White Pine, Michigan. The plant formerly provided power to Traxys' White Pine copper mine.
- Owner: White Pine Electric Power LLC
- Parent Company: Traxys
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 60.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 20.0 MW (1954), 20.0 MW (1954), 20.0 MW (1954)
- Location: 33707 Power Plant Rd., White Pine, MI 49971
- GPS Coordinates: 46.7635, -89.56822
- Electricity Production: 126,902 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 67,118 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|