|company||BP Products NA, Inc.|
|projected capacity||400,000 bpd|
|project cost||$3.8 billion|
$3.8 billion expansion to increase processing of Canadian tar sands from 30% of feedstock to 80- 90%. The draft permits are for "significant source modification" (the "construction permit," netting out of NSR) and "significant permit modification" (Title V "operating permit").
Public meeting and public hearing (only the "hearing" was on the record) on Mar. 14, 2008. Comment deadline on both the construction permit and the Title V permit was Mar. 21, 2008 (but since IDEM offices are closed for a state holiday on March 21, comments were accepted if postmarked or hand-delivered by Mar. 24, 2008 (expired). Final Construction Permit issued May 1, 2008.Madhurima Permit Writer is Madhurima Moulik (317)-233-0868.
Deadline to file Petition for Administrative Review is May 19, 2008. The "veto petition" period on the proposed Title V permit will begin 45 days after IDEM's proposed Title V permit is submitted to the U.S. EPA for review, and will run for 60 days.
-  "Significant Source Modification" (i.e. ,
construction) Permit number 089-25484-00453, and "Significant Permit Modification (i.e. , Title V) Permit number 089-25488-00453, along with some associated documents.
- Final Construction Permit, issued
May 1, 2008.
- Comments submitted by a coalition of environmental organizations, including the Environmental Integrity Project.
Regional and National Groups
- Global Community Monitor
- Rainforest Action Network
- AP, "Groups appeal state permit for BP oil refinery" May 13, 2008
- Gitte Laasby, Post Tribune "BP work facing appeals," May 8, 2008