Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
Wunderman is a digital marketing network founded in 1958 and according to its website, "is one of the largest, most experienced global marketing services networks in the world. Built on a unified data platform and secured by an integrated marketing technology infrastructure, Wunderman delivers direct to customers, relevant content in a creative way that motivates them to act and create ongoing relationships that last a lifetime. Since 2002, Wunderman work was recognized with 22 Lions at the prestigious Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, including the coveted Direct Grand Prix two years in a row. In 2005, Wunderman received 434 awards and citations. Wunderman is ranked among AdWeek’s top Interactive agencies. Wunderman is part of Young & Rubicam Brands and a member of the WPP Group (NASDAQ: WPPGY)." 
In 2011, Wunderman's global revenue was recorded at $1.013bn, placing it top amongst direct marketing, CRM, and Digital services agencies around the world.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Wunderman is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
- Lester Wunderman - Chairman Emeritus and Founder
- Daniel Morel - Chairman and CEO
- David Sable - Vice Chairman and COO
- Peter Law-Gisiko - CFO
- Barry Kessel - Managing Director
- Mel Cruickshank - CEO, Wunderman UK
- Becky Chidester - President, Wunderman World Health
- Trish Wheaton - Chief Marketing Officer; Chairperson, Canada Wunderman
- Martin Conneen - Managing Director; Global Client Lead, Nokia
- Enrique Yuste - President, Wunderman Latin America
- Stephane Faggianelli - President, Wunderman Asia-Pacific
- Wolfgang Haf - Chief Marketing Officer, Wunderman EMEA; CEO, Wunderman Central & Eastern Europe
- Nancy Maffucci - Executive Vice President, global communications
- William J. Manfredi - Executive Vice President, Global Talent Management
- Nick Moore - Executive Vice President, Chief Creative Officer
- Stewart Pearson - Chief Client Officer
- Andrew Rutberg - President, Marketing Solutions Center; Chief Data Officer, Wunderman
Board of Directors
As of February 2013:
- Chris Loll - Managing Director, Wunderman New York
- Peter Townsend - Managing Director; CEO, Burrows
- Kass Sells - Managing Director, Seattle; Global Client Lead, Microsoft
Formerly Listed Staff
Regional Team Leaders
North America Team
- Dan Olson - COO, Irvine
- Rick Schreuder - President, Chicago
- Steve Zammarchi - President, New York
- Tim Copacia - President, Brand Experience Services Detroit
- Matt Anthony - President and CEO, VML
- Barry Kessel - CEO, RTCRM
- Gary Laben - President and CEO, KnowledgeBase Marketing
- Alexei Orlov - Executive Vice Chairman
- Joel Barad - Executive Director, Global New Business
- Steve Harrison - Worldwide Creative Director; Chairman, U.K.
- Andrew Rutberg - Executive Vice President, Chief Data Officer
- Mark Taylor - Executive Vice President, Digital Marketing Solutions
- John Butler - CEO, Harrison Troughton Wunderman, London
Global Leadership Team
- Matt Anthony
- Joel Barad
- John Butler
- Tim Copacia
- Steve Harrison
- Barry Kessel
- Gary Laben
- Bill Manfredi
- Dan Olson
- Alexei Orlov
- Andrew Rutberg
- David Sable
- Rick Schreuder
- Rajat Sethi
- Marcus Starke
- Mark Taylor
- Lester Wunderman
- Steve Zammarchi
285 Madison Avenue 
New York, New York 1007
Phone: (212) 941-3000
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- ↑ "About" Wunderman, Accessed Feb. 14, 2013.
- ↑ "Wunderman Tops Leading Global Industry Report" AME Info, Accessed Feb. 14, 2013.
- ↑ "People", Wunderman, Feb. 14, 2013.
- ↑ "Company Overview of Wunderman, Inc.", Businessweek, accessed February 19, 2013
- ↑ "People", Wunderman, accessed February 19, 2013
- ↑ Wunderman, Biographies
- ↑ "Office Detail", WPP, Accessed Feb. 14, 2013.