The Africa-America Institute was founded in 1953, and "is a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, non-profit organization, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., and a presence in over 50 African countries."
- "With funds provided by multilateral, U.S. government, private foundation and corporate donors, we pursue our mission through work in two program areas: (1) African Higher Education and Training and (2) Educational Outreach and Policy." 
Total revenue in 2005 $5.5 million. 
Mora L. McLean - President
Ambassador Donald Easum - was former President and CEO of the Africa-America Institute, Vice President and Senior Consultant for the River Blindness Foundation, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Africa, U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, Board Member of the Rothko Chapel. 
- Mr. Kofi Appenteng Chair, Partner - Thacher Proffitt & Wood
- Ms. Nadine B. Hack Vice Chair - President, Because Global Consulting, Inc.
- Ms. Rosalind Kainyah - Director, Public Affairs USA, De Beers Inc.
- Mr. George Kirkland - Vice President, Chevron Corporation, President, Chevron Overseas Petroleum
- Mr. Carlton A. Masters - President & CEO Goodworks International, Llc
- Mr. Joseph Moodhe - Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Mr. Adebayo Ogunlesi - Executive Vice Chairman, Credit Suisse First Boston, Inc.
- Mr. Steven Pfeiffer - Chairman Of The Executive Committee, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
- Ms. Gayle E. Smith - Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
- Mr. Ted Smyth - Chief Administrative Officer And Senior Vice President Corporate And Government Affairs, H.J. Heinz Company
- Mr. Maurice Tempelsman - Chairman, Lazare Kaplan International
- Ms. Carole Wainaina - Exeucitve Assistant, Office of the Chairman & CEO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Evelyn Jones Rich, United States Government-Sponsored Higher Education Programs for Africans, 1957-1970, with Special Attention to the Role of the African-American Institute, Ph.D., Columbia University, 1977.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Harold K. Hochschild - former chair
- George L. Kirkland
- Peggy Dulany
- Vernon McKay - former board member