Amauli Fatehpur power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of India and coal.|
The map below shows the location of Amauli village, but not the exact location of the project.
In April 2010 UPPCL announced that the project was one of its forthcoming projects which was expected to be commissioned in 2015. One report stated that UPPCL had signed a memorandum of understanding for the project with Lanco Infratech and that the project would comprise two 660MW units.
In June 2012, Uttar Pradesh laid the foundation stone for the plant. Union Coal Minister Shri Prakash Jaiswal said that the government was committed to providing coal, and that the plant would begin providing power in 2015.
Sponsor: Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation and Neyveli Lignite Corporation
Location: Amauli village, Fathepur mandal, Uttar Pradesh
Coordinates: 26.013576, 80.307383 (approximate)
Capacity: 1980 MW (3 x 660 MW)
Projected in service: 2015
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
- "Deal inked, Lalitpur power project finally on track", Indian Express.com, April 23 2010.
- "UP govt signs MoU’s with private companies for power generation", Indlawnews.com, January 15, 2010.
- Kavitha Venkatraman, "Lanco plans mega power plants in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh", Financial Express, September 24, 2010.
- "Akhilesh lays foundation of 1,980 MW power plant," NY Daily News, June 11, 2012
- "Pending Application of SEBs UPTO 31st July, 2011" Coal.INC.IN, August 18, 2011.