American Center for Voting Rights
The American Center for Voting Rights (ACVR) / American Center for Voting Rights Legislative Fund (ACVR Legislative Fund) was "the only 'Voting Rights' group called to testify before congressional hearings held by the now-disgraced Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) on what went wrong in Ohio's 2004 Presidential Election." 
The ACVR, founded in February 2005 , established its website on March 17, 2005, and was scheduled to testify on March 21, 2005, in Columbus, OH, at the U.S. House Committee on House Administration "hearing on the mess otherwise known as the 2004 Presidential Election in Ohio." 
Among the credentials for ACVR's director, Mark F. (Thor) Hearne, who was scheduled to testify as a witness at the hearing, is the fact that Hearne, a former Reagan Administration official, was "National Election Counsel" for Bush-Cheney '04 Inc. and Missouri counsel to Bush-Cheney, as well as "other very Republican credentials." 
ACVR states on its website that it is a non-partisan, non-profit organization "that neither supports nor endorses any political party or candidate."
According to its website, the Fund was "founded in on the belief that public confidence in our electoral system is the cornerstone of our democracy. The organization was established to further the common good and general welfare of citizens of the United States of America by educating the public about the importance our election process and to support efforts to increase public participation in elections and increase public confidence in our election process. ACVR Legislative Fund supports election reform that protects the right of all citizens to participate in the election process free of intimidation, discrimination or harassment and which will make it easy to vote but tough to cheat. ACVR Legislative Fund supports election reforms such as those proposed by the bi-partisan Carter-Baker Commission." 
Biographical links for the following can be found archived here:
Domain Name & Website
According to the WHOIS history for AC4VR.COM, the domain name was registered March 17, 2005, by American Center For Voting Rights, 13807 Beechwood Point Drive, Midlothian, VA 23112. Elizabeth Kingsley is listed as the registrant and administrative contact.
"The Legislative Fund is a Virginia nonstock corporation that is operating within the meaning of section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Its purpose is to further the common good and general welfare of the citizens of the United States of America by educating the public about voter fraud, intimidation, and discrimination, which impacts the constitutional right of all citizens to participate in the electoral process. In furtherance of its mission, the Legislative Fund is permitted to engage in activity to influence legislation, which includes lobbying and grassroots lobbying activity. Consequently, contributions or gifts to the Legislative Fund are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes," its website states. 
Fundraising: Swift Boat Connection
The web address for the Fund's donation page is that for DonationReport.com, plus an extension code for the Fund.
The connection for the DonationReport.com website arrives at a Login page—requiring both a User ID and Password—which belongs to eDonation.com, a member of The Donatelli Group, a fundraising company that has raised campaign funds for the Republican National Committee, Republican National Convention, Bush-Cheney '04 Inc., John McCain, the NRA , and an exhaustive list of Republican members of the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives, as well as other political organizations. 
The Donatelli Group, using its "primary segment" Campaign Solutions , is associated with Creative Response Concepts, the public relations firm that advised Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, the "organization that accused Kerry of inflating his Vietnam War record" during the 2004 presidential campaign. 
The Donatelli Group, which produced the RNC website , also created the SWIFTBOATVETSFORTRUTH.ORG website July 30, 2004, with Connell Donatelli Inc. (a.k.a. The Donatelli Group) as Registrant. Connell Donatelli Inc. was also listed as both Administrator and the Tech Organization for the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth website. 
13807 Beechwood Point Road
Midlothian, VA 23112
- Note: The website was last active on May 28, 2007. However, an archived version can be accessed here.
- Note: The link redirects to http://truthaboutfraud.org/ at the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law.
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Bob Ney
- Bush administration phony 'voter fraud'
- Decision Management
- Free Enterprise Coalition
- Jason Torchinsky
- The Donatelli Group
- Ac4vr.com at AboutUs.org.
- American Center for Voting Rights Legislative Fund, People For the American Way.
- American Center for Voting Rights in the dKosopedia.
- Organization Profile: American Center for Voting Rights, Pennsylvania Legislature. List of 19 lobbyists who represented ACVR, all of which have withdrawn.
- U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC.gov) Report: "Status Report on the Voting Fraud-Voter Intimidation Research Project", May 17, 2006.
- Brad Friedman, "Blackwell Finally Testifies in OH as a New 'Voters Rights' Group Appears 'Talon News-style' out of Nowhere… Director of 4-Day Old Group Called as Expert Witness along with Blackwell in U.S. House Hearings Yesterday," The Brad Blog, March 22, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "New 'Non-Partisan' 'Voting Rights' Org Appears Little More than Republican Front Group! 6-Day Old Tax-Exempt Group Run by High Level GOP Operatives! (GOPUSA/Talon News, Anyone?)," The Brad Blog, March 22, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "High-Level Republicans from the New 'Non-Partisan' 'American Center for Voting Rights' Explain Themselves… Um…Sort of," The Brad Blog, March 23, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "'Voting Rights' Group Leader Withholds Bush/Cheney/RNC Ties During Congressional Testimony! Describes Himself as 'Advocate of Voter Rights' But Not as Bush/Cheney '04 General Counsel!" The Brad Blog, March 24, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Mystery Solved! Location of 'American Center for Voting Rights' Found! Exclusive Photographs! Photos Suggest ACVR Website Developers Most Likely Very Very Tiny Republicans! Funders for the so-far undocumented 501(c)3 organization and apparent GOP front group still unknown!" The Brad Blog, March 25, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Air America Picks up Our Story on the ACVR! Fake GOP Front Groups Run by Guys Named Thor & Dyke Make for Good Radio! (And they put their money on this story breaking into the Mainstream Media…We'll see…)," The Brad Blog, March 25, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Help Counter the ACVR/GOP Disinformation Campaign! Take Action Now!" The Brad Blog, March 26, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "'Non-Partisan' Ring-Leaders of GOP 'Voting Rights' Front Group Currently Very Active Partisans!" The Brad Blog, March 28, 2006.
- donna, "Fake Voting Rights Organization," Daily Briefing Blog/Madison.com, March 28, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Right-Wing Extremist 'News' Service Attempts to Legitimize Phony GOP 'Voting Rights' Group! CNS Performs RNC Grunt Work by Attempting to Minimize Active Partisan Connections of Self-Declared. …And they take a few 'liberal' pot-shots at BRAD BLOG and Velvet Revolution in the bargain…," The Brad Blog, March 30, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "RNC Political Director Cites Report by RNC 'Voting Rights' Front Group to RNC Email List! Report from 'American Center for Voting Rights' (ACVR) Used as Political Smokescreen to Deflect from Real 2004 Election Irregularities… Cynical, Deceptive GOP anti-Election Reform Agenda gets Underway as Baker/Carter Commission Convenes…(And apparently ACVR Knew About it Before Anybody Else! Go Figure!)," The Brad Blog, March 30, 2005.
- Joseph Cannon, "More on the so-called "American Center for Voting Rights" (and other front groups): IMPORTANT UPDATE," Cannonfire Blogspot, March 30, 2005.
- lapin, "Hot New Report on 'Democrat Voter Intimidation' Just Released!" The Daily Kos, March 30, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Revealing More About Phony 'Voting Rights' Org, GOPUSA Runs CNS Story on GOP Front Group ACVR! (Perhaps all the acronyms will help ease the mind-numbing irony of it all). Meanwhile, RNC operatives and snake-oil men behind the plan to scam America continue to expose themselves…and we're happy to lend a hand," The Brad Blog, March 31, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Conyers to Carter: James Baker 'Inappropriate' for Blue-Ribbon Election Commission! Ranking Minority House Judiciary Comm. Member Calls for True Voting Rights Advocates to Be Included on Commission. ALSO: American Center for Voting Rights GOP Front Group Confirmed as 'Academic Advisor' to Panel!" The Brad Blog, April 12, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Raw Story Breaks Expose on Baker/Carter Election Reform Commission Controversy! Reports That the Fix is in on Secretly Seated Blue-Ribbon Commission! Stacked with Partisan Operatives!" The Brad Blog, April 14, 2005.
- Larisa Alexandrovna, "Questions surface regarding legitimacy of Baker-Carter election reform commission," The Raw Story, April 14, 2005.
- David Swanson, "The Half-Baked Baker Carter Commission," American Chronicle, April 19, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "New Details on Blackwell, the Warren County Lockdown, the GOP Front-Group 'ACVR' and More! As Bob Fitrakis of the Columbus Free Press Pops Out Momentarily from his Book-Writing Foxhole…," The Brad Blog, April 27, 2005.
- Rep. John Conyers, Jr., "The GOP's Attack On Voting Rights," TomPaine.com, May 13, 2005.
- Brad Freidman, "Phony GOP 'Voting Rights' Group ACVR Continues Attempts at Defrauding American Voters. Issue Smokescreen Press Release in Reply to DNC Election 2004 Report. Preparing to release their own report — on phony issue of 'Voter Fraud'; Exec Director Lies on Video Tape," The Brad Blog, June 22, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Phony GOP 'Voting Rights' Group Delivers Onslaught of Disinfo Today! 'Non-Partisan' Republican Front Group, American Center for Voting Rights Releases Report, Six Press Releases Focusing on Democratic 'Election Fraud'. Massive Republican Voter Disenfranchisement Virtually Unmentioned, Phony Quotes by 'Democrat' Used in Releases," The Brad Blog, August 2, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "ACVR Scams American Democracy. GOP Grateful, DNC Still Keeps Head in the Sand," The Brad Blog, August 2, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Rightwingers, 'News' Sites Fall Hook, Line & Sinker for ACVR Scam Report. Blogs and 'Journalists' Alike Fall Over Themselves to Cover Phony GOP 'Voting Rights' Group Propaganda," The Brad Blog, August 3, 2006.
- John Cole, "Nope. Not Playing," Balloon Juice Blog, August 3, 2005.
- Joe Gandelman, "Democrats Accused Of Suppressing Votes More Than GOPers (REVISED)," The Moderate Voice, August 3, 2005.
- News Release: "Phony GOP 'Voting Rights' Group Releases Misleading Propaganda Disguised As'Election Reform' Report, Says Velvet Revolution," U.S. Newswire, August 4, 2005.
- David A., "American Center for Voting Rights... The Ultimate Oxymoron," In Search of Utopia Blog, August 4, 2005.
- Salim Muwakkil, "Keep the Voting Rights Act Alive. Extraordinary remedies are still required to protect minority enfranchisement," In These Times, August 5, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "ACVR, America's Fake 'Voting Rights' Group, Enlists Fake 'Democrat' to Shill for Fake 'Election Fraud' Report! 'Dem' ACVR Supporter Also a Bush/Cheney Supporter. (un)American Center for Against Voting Rights Continues Campaign of Lies on Behalf of GOP…," The Brad Blog, August 8, 2005.
- "Who is The American Center for Voting Rights?" Democratic Party, August 10, 2005.
- Joseph Cannon, "Indicted GOP Moneyman Tied To ACVR, the Phony GOP 'Voting Rights' Group! The DNC Finally Fights Back at the Republican-run 'American Center for Voting Rights' Hoax! PLUS: Proof that Republicans only pretend to hate Marxists and More on ACVR's Fake 'Democrat', Brian Lunde!" The Brad Blog, August 15, 2005.
- David Edwards, "Phony 'Voting Rights' Group Exposed by Mainstream Media. ACVR, traitors to American democracy, have cover blown by newly published articles," The Brad Blog, August 18, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "'Non-Partisan' 'Voting Rights' Group Founder Works for White House! ACVR's Jim Dyke Moonlights to Push Bush Supreme Court Nominee. 'Honesty and Integrity' in the Bush-Era Now at it's Bushiest Level of All Time!" The Brad Blog, October 6, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "ACVR's 'Non-Partisan' 'Voting Rights' Spokesman Now Working for Dick Cheney! Tax-Exempt 'American Center for Voting Rights' Continues Their Scam on America!" The Brad Blog, October 11, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Ohio's Bob Ney Appears to be in Big Trouble…," The Brad Blog, November 23, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Bush/Cheney New England Chair Found Guilty of Election Day 'Phone Jamming' Charges. Another GOP Operative Facing Up to 7 Years Prison Time, $500,000 Fine. ALSO: Voter Registration Groups Cleared of Wrong Doing as Accused by Phony GOP 'Voting Rights' Group…," The Brad Blog, December 15, 2005.
- Bob Fitrakis, "Fake voting rights activists and groups linked to White House," Free Press, December 30, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "Connecting More High-Level Dots to the Phony GOP Front Group Calling Themselves the 'American Center for Voting Rights'. 'Non-Partisan' Group Tied to Bill Frists' Attorney, Ohio's Pending Anti-Democracy Legislation & Hordes of Frivilous Lawsuits and Attacks Against Legitimate Voting Rights Advocates…," The Brad Blog, December 30, 2005.
- Brad Friedman, "The Soon-to-be-Indicted Rep. Bob Ney of Ohio's Connection To Electoral Fraud. The Dots Connect Between Abramoff, Ohio 2004 Election Smokescreen and Ney's Former Staffer Revealed to be on Diebold's Payroll While Working for White House Law Firm. All the While as HAVA — America's 'Election Reform' Bill — is Used for Political Payoff in the Bargain…," The Brad Blog, January 10, 2006.
- Brad Friedman, "Karl Rove Thanks GOP Attorneys for Work on 'Clean Elections' in 2000, 2004. Head of 'Non-Partisan' Republican Front Group 'American Center for Voting Rights' Singled Out by Rove," The Brad Blog, April 10, 2006.
- Richard Wolf, "Report refutes fraud at poll sites," USA TODAY, October 11, 2006.
- Brad Friedman, "U.S. Elections Assistance Commission Withheld Report Showing 'Voter Fraud' (as Opposed to ELECTION Fraud) Not a Problem! Democracy Hater, GOP Operative, Thor Hearne of the Phony Anti-American Front Group 'American Center for Voting Rights' is Back Spreading Propoganda for the Republicans! And the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights is Set to Help Them in a Hearing this Friday…," The Brad Blog, October 11, 2006.
- Brad Friedman, "The EAC's Buried Report on 'Voter Fraud' — or Actually Lack Thereof — and 'Thor' Hearne's Continuing Loathesome Attempts to Destroy American Democracy. No Wonder Hearne's Phony GOP Front-Group, ACVR, Didn't Want to See the Report Released. They're Named Three Times as the Only Group Forwarding the 'Voter Fraud' Bullshit!" The Brad Blog, October 13, 2006.
- Brad Friedman, "Missouri Supreme Court Declares State Photo ID Laws Unconsitutional (Again!). Court Rulings (and Facts) Continue to Pile Up Against Those Who Hate Democracy (Like Thor Hearne and the ACVR), Who Want to Keep YOU From Being Able to Vote! Decision Echoes Other Such Findings in Georgia and Arizona...," The Brad Blog, October 16, 2003.
- Brad Friedman, "Bush's U.S. Elections Assistance Commission is Hopelessly Compromised, Misleading America and Utterly Failing in Their Job of Overseeing U.S. Elections. Current Chairman Paul DeGregorio Now Running a Desperate Misinformation Propaganda Campaign Just Days Before Election...," The Brad Blog, October 27, 2006.
- Brad Friedman, "EXCLUSIVE: New Details on the Phony 'Voter Fraud' Angle in the U.S. Attorneys Purge Scandal...," Brad Blog, March 15, 2007. ACVR website inoperative. Also see Bush administration U.S. attorney firings controversy for background.
- Brad Friedman, "NY Times on the Phony 'Voter Fraud' Claims Behind U.S. Attorney Purge. More Evidence that the Bush Administration Used the Dept. of Justice for Little More Than a Blunt Political Instrument. Even as Democrats Continue to Rubber Stamp Wildly Inappropriate White House Appointments to Oversee the U.S. Elections Assistance Commission...," The Brad Blog, March 16, 2007.
- Arlen Parsa, "Evidence Suggests U.S. Attorney Firings May Have Been Part of White House Scheme to Help Game 2008 Election. Karl Rove Associate and GOP Operative Tim Griffin's Appointment in Arkansas --- and Others Like it --- Are Worth Noting as the Scandal Continues to Unravel...," The Brad Blog, March 26, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "EAC Finally Releases Previously Withheld, 9 Month Old Report on 'Voter ID' Concerns After Congressional Prodding. One of Several Reports 'Buried' by EAC, Shows Drop in Voter Participation in Wake of Poll Restrictions, Is Shamelessly Described as 'Draft'. Election Law Professor Warns: 'Chance for EAC to be an Honest Broker Above Politics Are Fading'...," The Brad Blog, March 30, 2007.
- Rick Hasen, "The Demise of the American Center for Voting Rights?" Election Law Blog, April 2, 2007.
- Arlen Parsa, "U.S. Election Assistance Commission Altered Final Report on 'Voter Fraud' for Political Purposes. NY Times Finds Original Bi-Partisan Draft Report, Buried by the EAC, Concluded Fears of 'Voter Fraud' Were Overblown. Altered, Politicized Report Follows Familiar White House Pattern, Brings Additional New Concerns About Continuing Status of EAC...," The Brad Blog, April 11, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "High-Level White House/DoJ Operative Thor Hearne Hired a High-Level White House/DoJ Operative to Put out Fire in Missouri Investigation Leading to Dismissal of U.S. Attorney. Powerful GOP Missouri Lawyer at Powerful GOP Missouri Law Firm Admits Bringing Powerful GOP Attorney William Mateja in to Manage DoJ Investigaton of Lathrop & Gage, Missouri Governor Matt Blunt. Firm Also Recently Hired Governor's Sister Amy... More is Still to Come...," The Brad Blog, May 2, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "McClatchy: 'Missouri Was Ground Zero' For GOP 'Voter Fraud' Scam, Thor Hearne and ACVR at Center of Scheme. National Mainstream Media FINALLY Picks up on, Exposes the 'Non-Partisan' 'American Center for Voting Rights' Fraud...," The Brad Blog, May 2, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Takes Control of High-Level GOP Front Group ACVR's Internet Domain Names! Abandoned Webspace of White House-Connected 'Voter Fraud' Group, 'American Center For Voting Rights', Purchased by DC Attorney; Handed Over to Non-Profit Which They Had Targeted for Years! As More Allegations of DoJ Corruption in Missouri --- 'Ground Zero' for the ACVR Republican Fraudsters --- Continue to Reach Towards the Oval Office, Underscore Need for Congressional Investigation...," The Brad Blog, May 7, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "CEO Resigns from Missouri Legal Firm Embroiled in U.S. Attorney Purge, GOP 'Voter Fraud' Scam. Is the Noose Tightening Around Lathrop & Gage, Thor Hearne, Gov. Matt Blunt and the American Center for Voting Rights Corrupt Law Firm?" The Brad Blog, May 17, 2007.
- Richard L. Hasen, "The Fraudulent Fraud Squad. The incredible, disappearing American Center for Voting Rights," Slate, May 18, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "Finally: The ACVR's 'Voter Fraud' Scam Outed in All Their Ignominious Shame in New Slate Article! Rick Hasen's: 'The Fraudulent Fraud Squad - The Incredible, Disappearing American Center for Voting Rights'," The Brad Blog, May 18, 2007.
- Amanda Terkel, "Right-Wing 'Voting Rights' Group Has Disappeared," Think Progress, May 21, 2007.
- Mrs. Panstreppon, "More on the American Center for Voting Rights," TPM Cafe, May 22, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "NPR Covers the American Center for Voting Rights (ACVR) 'Voter Fraud' Scam. 'Liberal Blogger Brad Friedman' Interviewed in Report on Disappearance of GOP 'Vote Fraud' Fraudsters and Their White House Connections. Nobody from ACVR Agrees to Speak to Them on the Record, But the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Says Thor Hearne Has Some Complaints About The BRAD BLOG...," The Brad Blog, June 6, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "Post-Dispatch: ACVR's Thor Hearne Blames The BRAD BLOG for His Demise. (Imagine What We Could Have Done if the GOP Gave US the Million Dollars That Thor Had?!)," The Brad Blog, June 7, 2007.
- Rick Hasen, "Someone Named Sam92077 Has Cleansed Thor Hearne's Wikipedia Entry to Remove References to the American Center for Voting Rights," Election Law Blog, June 11, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "Wikipedia Entry for GOP 'Voter Fraud' Front Group Co-Founder, Thor Hearne, Scrubbed of References to ACVR. Latest Edit Performed by Someone at Hearne's Lawfirm, Lathrop & Gage, According to Rick Hasen of Election Law Blog...," The Brad Blog, June 12, 2007.
- Richard L. Hasen, "Implausible Deniability. The Internet foils fudging by three 'voter fraud' warriors," Slate, June 13, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "GOP Vote Fraudster Thor Hearne's Attempt to Disappear Himself from Wikipedia Continues. PLUS: The GOP 'Voter Fraud' Legislation-Influencing Front Group Lied on Their Tax Disclosure Forms, Claiming They DID NOT Attempt to 'Influence Legislation'...," The Brad Blog, June 13, 2007.
- Mrs. Panstreppon, "Mark 'Thor' Ferlund Hearne II, American Center for Voting Rights Director and General Counsel," House of Labor / TPM Cafe, June 13, 2007.
- Jo Mannies, "Voting rights group disappears from Web," St. Louis Today, June 14, 2007.
- Brad Friedman, "Didn't Get the Memo: Bush 'Civil Rights' Appointee Repeats Discredited White House/ACVR 'Voter Fraud' Bullshit in Senate Testimony. Refers to GOP Operative, Mark 'Thor' Hearne, by Name as Source of 'Information'. Hearne and His Disinfo Operatives Need to be Subpeonaed Immediately...," The Brad Blog, June 14, 2007.