Anne-Marie Slaughter "is Dean of the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and the Bert G. Kerstetter '66 University Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University. Prior to becoming Dean, she was the J. Sinclair Armstrong Professor of International, Foreign and Comparative Law and the Director of Graduate and International Legal Studies at Harvard Law School. She is also the former President of the American Society of International Law. Dean Slaughter is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and serves on the board of the Council on Foreign Relations. Her book, A New World Order, was recently published by Princeton University Press. Dean Slaughter is a frequent commentator on foreign affairs in newspapers, radio, and television. She was a regular contributor to the America Abroad blog on TPMCafe.com, and still contributes periodically to TPMCafe. She is currently writing a book on America's founding principles for Basic Books." 
The Henry Jackson Society event profile:
- Anne Marie Slaughter is the Bert G. Kerstetter '66 University Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University. From 2009–2011 she served as Director of Policy Planning for the United States Department of State, the first woman to hold that position. Upon leaving the State Department she received the Secretary's Distinguished Service Award for her work leading the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, as well as a Meritorious Honor Award from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and a Joint Civilian Service Commendation Award from the Supreme Allied Commander for Europe. Prior to her government service, Dr. Slaughter was the Dean of Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs from 2002–2009, where she rebuilt the School's international relations faculty and created a number of new centers and programs.
Dr. Slaughter is a frequent contributor to both mainstream and new media, publishing op-eds in major newspapers, magazines and blogs around the world and curating foreign policy news for over 20,000 followers on Twitter. She appears regularly on CNN, the BBC, NPR, and PBS, lectures widely, and has served on boards of organizations ranging from the Council of Foreign Relations and the New America Foundation to the McDonald's Corporation and the Citigroup Economic and Political Strategies Advisory Group. Foreign Policy magazine named her to their annual list of the Top 100 Global Thinkers in 2009, 2010, and 2011. She has written or edited six books, including A NEW WORLD ORDER (2004) and THE IDEA THAT IS AMERICA: KEEPING FAITH WITH OUR VALUES IN A DANGEROUS WORLD (2007), and over 100 articles. She was also the convener and academic co-chair, with Professor John Ikenberry, of the Princeton Project on National Security, a multi-year research project aimed at developing a new, bipartisan national security strategy for the United States.
From 1994-2002, Dr. Slaughter was the J. Sinclair Armstrong Professor of International, Foreign, and Comparative Law and Director of the International Legal Studies Program at Harvard Law School. She received a B.A. from Princeton, an M.Phil and D.Phil in international relations from Oxford, where she was a Daniel M. Sachs Scholar, and a J.D. from Harvard. She is married to Professor Andrew Moravcsik; they live in Princeton with their two sons.
- Member, Aspen Institute / Aspen Strategy Group
- Member, Inter-American Dialogue
- Member, Task Force on the United Nations
- Director, New America Foundation
- Trustee, Center for the Study of the Presidency
- Trustee, World Peace Foundation
- Strategy Committee, Project on Justice in Times of Transition
- Carr Center, Former Fellows 2001/02
- Executive Council, American Society of International Law
- Executive Committee, Niehaus Center 
- Director, International Freedom Center
- Chair, Advisory Committee on Democracy Promotion
- American Leadership Council, Business for Diplomatic Action
- Advisory Board, Foreign Policy Digest
- Advisory Board, Global Public Policy Institute 
- Advisory Board, Truman National Security Project 
Resources and articles
- Anne-Marie Slaughter, Princeton University, accessed July 16, 2007.
- HJS Event: "Delivering Change Effectively: The Obama Administration and 21st Century Diplomacy", House of Lords, London, 28 May 2012.
- Executive Committee, Niehaus Center, accessed June 9, 2008.
- GPPi Advisory Board, Global Public Policy Institute, accessed September 25, 2007.
- Advisory Board, Truman National Security Project, accessed January 5, 2009.