Avaaz.org "was co-founded by Res Publica, a global civic advocacy group, and MoveOn.org, an online community that has pioneered internet advocacy in the United States." Avaaz is formally allied with 350.org.
"Avaaz.org (Our name means "Voice" or "Song" in several languages including Hindi, Urdu, Farsi, Nepalese, Dari, Turkish, and Bosnian) is a community of global citizens who take action on the major issues facing the world today."
"Avaaz.org was developed and established by a group of social entrepeneurs who have worked at the intersection of global justice issues and new online organizing techniques. Avaaz.org’s individual co-founders are Executive Director Ricken Patel, Jeremy Heimans, David Madden, Eli Pariser, Tom Perriello, Tom Pravda and Andrea Woodhouse." 
- Campaigns Director, Paul Hilder
- Web: http://www.avaaz.org
- Jeffrey St. Clair, The Post-Modern Protest Blues, Designer Protests and Vanity Arrests in DC, CounterPunch, April 12, 2013.
- John Stauber, The Progressive Movement is a PR Front for Rich Democrats, March 15, 2013, CounterPunch.
- Presenting the “progressive” (Guardian approved) group, Avaaz – astroturfing for Hamas.
- Empire Propaganda Mill Masquerading as Grassroots Activism