Bowater Coosa Pines Power Plant (also known as U.S. Alliance Coosa Pines Power Plant) is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by AbitibiBowater near Coosa Pines, Alabama. The plant provides power to AbitibiBowater's Coosa Pines newsprint mill.
- Owner: Bowater Newsprint Coosa Pines Operations
- Parent Company: AbitibiBowater
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 20.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 5.0 MW (1942), 5.0 MW (1942), 5.0 MW (1942), 5.0 MW (1942)
- Location: 17589 Plant Rd., Coosa Pines, AL 35044
- GPS Coordinates: 33.327722, -86.351006
- Electricity Production: 3,095 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles