Brigitte Gabriel is president and founder of the right-wing American Congress for Truth and author of Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America". Franklin Lamb, a journalist/writer based in Lebanon, wrote about her:
- Hanan is the Islamophobic Lebanese woman, Hanan Qahwaji, who as a child lived in the South Lebanon village of Marjayoun overlooking the Lebanon-Palestine border during three years of the on-again off-again Lebanese Civil War before she became an Israeli collaborator and fled to Israel. Hanan, repackaged as "Rachael", soon quickly landed a job with Israeli TV and specialized in telling stories about how Muslims terrorized her and her Christian neighbors.
Later, repackaged as "Nour Semaan", a name she still sometimes uses, Hanan tells American audiences that she became a Middle East "anchor" in Israel. Forgetting to mention that her job was with Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network, working to spread his politically conservative, Pentecostal faith in the Middle East which includes Robertson's vision of rapture and how righteous Jews will all convert when Jesus comes again. The others will burn in Hell according to the Pentecostals. Hanan is sometimes known as,Nour Semaan, Rachael Cohen, "Dark Angel" and more recently, Brigitte Gabriel, founder of the anti-Islam Zionist hate group "Act! For America".
Gabriel is also a contributing editor to Family Security Matters, a conservative foreign-policy oriented organization that claims to represent "security moms"' and supports President George W. Bush. FSM is, in fact, a political front group for the Center for Security Policy. (The phone number listed on the FSM website is answered by the CSP.)
Gabriel is a crass propagandist: her specialty is denigrating and smearing Muslims and Islam. In this capacity her talks are sponsored by zionist groups in the United States. She is a featured speaker of the Hasbara Fellowship Speakers Bureau, which happens to be a hardline zionist propaganda organization.  She is listed as one of America's most dangerous hatemongers.
"Brigitte Gabriel is a Maronite Christian, which means she is the descendant of Phoenicians, whose presence in the Middle East pre-dates that of the Arabs. Today, Brigitte owns a successful American media company with national and international clients. She grew up in southern Lebanon under Palestinian tyranny. Israeli soldiers and doctors literally saved her life and that of her mother. She does not want to see Israel or America 'Islamized' or 'Palestinianized,' as Lebanon was. She desperately wants to wake Americans up to the danger of this happening," 
Gabriel is a "Lebanese Christian who survived the Jihad by Palestinian and Muslim militias in her native southern Lebanon," 
- According to a 2004 interview at Duke University , Gabriel grew up in a southern Lebanon town near the Israeli border. The town, which appears as Marj'Uyun [... which] is located less than five statute miles from the "Armistice Line" with Israel.
Gabriel and her mother "were rescued by" the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) "who entered Lebanon and [were] given humane treatment for their wounds sustained in artillery shellings. Gabriel was transformed by the experience went back to Lebanon but returned to Israel and became a Middle East News anchor and TV journalist working out of Jerusalem," Gordon wrote, "for 'World News' an evening Arabic news broadcast for Middle East Television seen throughout Israel, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Cyprus and Lebanon."
- According to the Wikipedia article on Middle East Television, "On April 10, 1982 Hope TV station in South Lebanon was donated to the Christian Broadcasting Network, and became METV. ... On June 5th, 1997 METV launched its 24-hour programming broadcast on a satellite. This increased the potential audience from 11 million to 70 million viewers with a signal that is now reaching the entire Middle East."
After marrying "an American war correspondent and news producer she came to the United States in 1989, ... [and] started a television production and advertising company. Her clients include ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox News, CNN, Discovery, TLC, History Channel, 'Oprah Winfrey Show,' '20/20,' 'World News Tonight' and 'Good Morning America' to name a few," Gordon wrote.
Following the events of 9/11, "Gabriel realized then that the threat of Islamic radicalism had come to these shores. She founded American Congress for Truth (ACT) that has grown and has thousands of members in over 50 states, major provinces in Canada and 14 other foreign countries," Gordon wrote.
- "The difference, my friends, between Israel and the Arab world is the difference between civilization and barbarism. It's the difference between good and evil [applause].... this is what we're witnessing in the Arabic world, They have no SOUL !, they are dead set on killing and destruction. And in the name of something they call "Allah" which is very different from the God we believe....[applause] because our God is the God of love." - Bridgette Gabriel, CUFI 2007 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
- Christians United for Israel (CUFI)
- violence in the Middle East
- Brigitte Gabriel bio, American Congress for Truth.
- Brigitte Gabriel in the Wikipedia. (Stub/article started July 22, 2006; and edit wars.)
- Cast Member: Brigitte Gabriel, "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West" (2005), IMDb.com.
- Speaker's Profile: Brigitte Gabriel, Jewish National Fund.
- Speaker's Profile: Brigitte Gabriel, The Intelligence Summit 2006 Conference.
- Jerry Gordon, "Who is Brigitte Gabriel?" Israpundit, May 26, 2006.
- Franklin Lamb, From South Lebanon and Long Island with Hate, CounterPunch, 20 June 2011. Good overview of B. Gabriel and her many guises.
- Franklin Lamb, Lebanon's Maid of Darkness Facing US Hates Crimes Investigation, CounterCurrents, 23 January 2012.
By Brigitte Gabriel
- Archived articles, FrontPageMag.com.
- "Remarks of Brigitte Gabriel, delivered at the Duke University Counter Terrorism Speak-Out," delivered at the "Students Against Terror Concert and Rally" held October 14, 2004, "the eve of the" Fourth Annual Palestine Solidarity Movement (PSM) conference, sponsored by the student group Hiwar, at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. (Posted by Snopes.com.) Last updated August 8, 2006.
- "Speech before the Columbia University Conference on the Middle East and Academic Integrity in New York City on March 6, 2005, entitled: 'Environments of Hate: Indoctrination in the Arab World and Propaganda Advocacy in Americas University Classrooms'," posted at Daniel Pipes.org.
- "Freedom's Promise," American Family Association Journal, July 2005.
- "CBS Infinity Radio Uses 'Emotions' to Stifle Truth of Anti-Terror Conference," Family Security Matters, July 18, 2005. Makes reference to People's Truth Forum (PTF) (now America's Truth Forum (ATF) President, Jeff Epstein and "recent endorsement and support of Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO)."
- "I Believed the Lies about Israel," Over a Teacup, September 13, 2005.
- With Dr. Keith Roderick, Jerry Gordon and Ted Belman, "Canada’s Unholy Alliance," FrontPageMag.com, November 7, 2005.
- "What the Arab World Thinks," Keeping Apace, November 8, 2005.
- "Appeasement Never Works," Israel Hasbara Committee, December 6, 2005.
- "Because They Hate," FrontPageMag.com, February 20, 2006. Excerpts from "Gabriel's speech delivered at the Intelligence Summit in Washington DC, Saturday February 18, 2006."
- "Muslims Muzzling Memphis," The American Thinker, April 8, 2006; WorldNetDaily, April 10, 2006.
- "Brigitte Gabriel's Speech Sabotaged by Muslim Intimidation," Jewish Russian Telegraph, April 10, 2006.
- "Exclusive: Al-Qaeda Decapitated in Iraq," Family Security Matters, June 12, 2006.
- "Thank You Israel," Lebanese Foundation for Peace, July 16, 2006; Family Security Matters, July 17, 2006.
- "Remarks of Brigitte Gabriel, delivered at the Duke University Counter Terrorism Speak-Out," posted by UJA Federation of Greater Toronto (Canada), August 11, 2006.
Interviews & TV Appearances
- Phyllis Chesler, "A Survivor of Palestinian Tyranny," FrontPageMag.com (phyllis-chesler.com), October 13, 2004.
- Jamie Glazov, "Islam’s Torture of Lebanon," FrontPageMag.com, August 11, 2005. Interview with Gabriel.
- Transcript: "Crisis in the Middle East; Refugees Flood to Cyprus; Nashrallah's Popularity Rising," CNN American Morning, July 19, 2006.
- "Brigitte Gabriel on CNN Lebanese Muslim Pro Israel," YouTube, July 26, 2006.
- Jerry Gordon, "Listen to Brigitte Gabriel and Jerry Gordon of ACT," Israpundit, July 30, 2006.
- "The Atlas Interview: Brigitte Gabriel," Atlas Shrugs, July 31, 2006.
- "Watch Brigitte Gabriel on FoxNews Cashin’ In," Israpundit, August 4, 2006.
- "Brigitte Gabriel on Studio B With Shepard Smith 08/07/06," YouTube.
- "Interview with Brigitte Gabriel" on CNN, YouTube, August 9, 2006.
- "Recap of Saturday, August 12," Fox News, posted August 14, 2006: Gabriel: "The Russians are using the Arabs and letting them do the dirty work fighting America and Israel."
- "Christians United for Israel: New Christian Zionism Lobby Hopes to Rival AIPAC," Democracy Now!, August 15, 2006.
- "His Agenda Kept a Secret. Fox Gives Airtime to a Radical Christian Pastor Trying to Orchestrate Armageddon," News Hounds, August 15, 2006.
Articles & Commentary
- Aaron Klein, "Canada deports Israeli allies, allows strippers. Lebanese vets likely face prison, torture or death from Hezbollah," WorldNetDaily, December 24, 2004: "'Little time remains for effective action to save the SLA veterans from almost certain death at the hands of Hezbollah operations and militias now in control of Southern Lebanon,' said human rights activists Jerry Gordon and Brigitte Gabriel in a prepared statement."
- Chad Groening, "U.S. Activist Doubts Syria Will Give Up Lebanon Without Struggle," American Family Association, March 7, 2005.
- Letters to the editors: "Re: 'Interpreting the words of Brigitte Gabriel'" (Journal, April 1, 2005) (cache file) The Journal/Queen's University, April 7, 2005.
- jkorath, "'What the Arab World Thinks' by Brigitte Gabriel," Infidel Guy, November 24, 2005.
- Melanie, "Fox Guest Says Arabs 'Accept & Expect' Torture," News Hounds, November 28, 2005.
- "Fox News Promotes Pro-Torture Spokesperson," TV News Lies Blog, November 28, 2005.
- Phyllis Chesler, "Staring down intimidation," Washington Times, April 7, 2006.
- Omar Baddar, "Phyllis 'India is an Arab country, Damn it!' Chesler Alerts the Nation," NormanFinkelstein.com, April 25, 2006: "I actually was at the event, and know first hand that what Gabriel and Chesler had to say about this is utterly false. Here is what really happened, based on what I saw, and what countless eye-witnesses, video evidence, and the official University of Memphis representatives would confirm. My article was published in the school newspaper." (Article enclosed.)
- Ted Belman, "Praise for 'Because They Hate. A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America' by Brigitte Gabriel," Israpundit, July 12, 2006.
- Elizabeth Lucas-Taylor, "Because They Hate - Intifada," authorsden.com, July 20, 2006; last edited August 4, 2006.
- jmcnally, "Who is Brigitte Gabriel?" Ask MetaFilter, August 2, 2006.
- "Propaganda Wars," Beirut Live Blogspot, August 11, 2006.
- Bill Levinson, "Anti-Israel Senators and Congressmen," Israpundit, August 25, 2006: "Brigitte Gabriel was kind enough to circulate a list of Senators and Representatives who voted against last week’s House and Senate resolutions of support for Israel. The personal character of the anti-Israel faction is well represented by, among others, a former Ku Klux Klansman and someone who hits police officers." Note that all of the 23 members of Congress listed are Democrats.
- Dan Alba, Brigitte Gabriel on Terrorism? It Takes One to Know One, DissidentVoice, 16 July 2007.
- Franklin Lamb, From South Lebanon and Long Island with Hate, CounterPunch, 20 June 2011.
- FSA: Profile (Accessed: 20 June 2011)
- Robert Steinback, 10 of America's Most Dangerous Hatemongers, Alternet, 21 July 2011.
- Phyllis Chesler, wrote 13 October 2004, FrontPageMag.com.
- Jerry Gordon of American Congress for Truth wrote May 26, 2006, Israpundit
- interview (click on link "Watch Brigitte Gabriel's Interview")