- Kivalina: A Climate Change Story," (Haymarket Books, 2011)
- "Kivalina," in Arctic Voices, (Seven Stories Press, 2012)
- In Alaska, Seeing the Future of U.S. Coasts, NY Times, November 26, 2012.
- Kivalina: A Climate Change Story (Excerpt), Truthout, May 20, 2012.
- Alaska Storm Bears Down on Village That Spearheaded Climate Change Battle, National Geographic, November 9, 2011.
- Climate Change in Alaska and Hawaii: Roadmaps for Federal Adaptation Policies, Truthout, Oct. 10, 2011.
- Relocating Alaska Natives: The Climate is Changing Faster Than Disaster Management and Adaptation Policies, Climate Progress, July 21, 2011.
- Rising Seas, Corporate Greed, and the Plight of an Alaskan Village, Earth Island Journal, July 19, 2011.
- The communities we are already losing to climate change in Alaska, 350.org, July 19, 2011.
- My journey into Kivalina v. ExxonMobil et al., Climate Storytellers, December 1, 2010.
Climate change science
- Meteorologist Masters: The Climate Has Shifted to a New State Capable of Delivering Rare & Unprecedented Weather Events, Climate Progress, Feb 7, 2012.
- with Richard Rood, Changing the Media Discussion on Climate and Extreme Weather, Earthzine, April 17th, 2011.
- James Hansen’s Storms of my Grandchildren, Conducive Chronicle, August 25, 2010.
Climate change denial
- Will Fossil Fuel Companies Face Liability for Climate Change? Alternet, January 2, 2012.
- "Merchants of Doubt": A Review, Truthout, June 13, 2011.
- Living in Denial: Why Even People Who Acknowledge Climate Change Do Nothing About It, Alternet, May 19, 2011.
- National Priorities, Climate Change, and Disaster Management, Z Magazine, May 2010.
- States Sue EPA Over a Misquote: The Fight Over Climate Change Gets More Ridiculous, Alternet, April 14, 2010.
- Climate Change Isn't Just About Energy, It's About National Priorities, Truthout, March 15, 2010.
- Coal, Race and Health: The Chicago Clean Power Ordinance, Truthout, September 28, 2011.
- with Bob Burton, Cynthia Ong, Jamie Henn, John Hepburn, Joshua Frank, Justin Guay, Kate Hoshour, and Mark Wakeham, Down with coal! The grassroots anti-coal movement goes global, Grist, May 28, 2011.
- with Kate Hoshour, Energy at What Cost? Protests Against Forced Eviction from US-Backed Coal Mine Continue in Bangladesh, Truthout, April 8, 2011.
- with Joshua Frank, Why Current Air Pollution Controls Won't Avert Climate Catastrophe, Truthout, March 30, 2010.
- 'Climate Hope': How a New Rebellion Against Coal Is Fueling the Drive for Clean Energy, Alternet, March 2, 2010.
- Gasland Director Josh Fox on His New Film, Gas Industry Lies and Government Collusion, Truthout, July 2, 2012.
- Fracking in California Raises New and Old Concerns, Truthout, May 30, 2012.
- Fracking Fluids Could Contaminate Freshwater Aquifers, Says Study, Truthout, May 18, 2012.
- The Climate Movement Takes On Fracking: Interview With Bill McKibben, Truthout, April 17, 2012.
- About That Dimock Fracking Study: Result Summaries Show Methane and Hazardous Chemicals, Truthout, March 21, 2012.
- Fuel Tanker Finally Reaches Iced-In Alaska Town, National Geographic, January 16, 2012.
- Drilling in the Arctic: Perspectives From an Alaska Native, Climate Progress, Oct 7, 2011.
- Tapping "Our" Resources: Declining Returns on Fossil Fuel Leases, Truthout, February 4, 2011.
- Confessions of a Former Oil Industry Consultant, Truthout, April 22, 2010.
- An Attempt to Roll Back Wind in Wisconsin? Climate Progress, Mar 6, 2012.
- Interview With Solar Power Entrepreneur Jeremy Leggett, Left Eye on Books, August 27, 2010.
- Further Debunking Economics: Interview with Economist Steve Keen, Left Eye on Books, March 4, 2012.
- Is Faulty Economics at the Root of the Global Financial Crisis? Left Eye on Books, March 4, 2012.
- Collateralized Fish Obligations? Fishery Management And Catch Shares, Truthout, May 2, 2010.
- The Republican Brain: Interview with Science Writer Chris Mooney, Left Eye on Books, May 26, 2012.
- Progressives Reflect on Obama’s First Term in Hopeless: Barack Obama and the Politics of Illusion, Left Eye on Books, May 15, 2012.
- Legal Battle Ends, But Seas Continue to Rise in Kivalina, Alaska, Science Friday, February 20, 2015.
- Talk At Ten: Christine Shearer, KRTS Marfa Public Radio, November 9, 2012.
- What’s Behind Climate Change Denial? Alaska Public Radio, January 6, 2012.
- James Workman, HEART OF DRYNESS & Christine Shearer, KIVALINA, Writers Voice, 2011.
- Alaska Native Eskimos Fight for Land Being Lost to Climate Change: An Interview with Christine Shearer, Peoples Voice, Oct. 7, 2011.
- Tell Somebody: Kivalina-A Climate Change Story, KKFI Radio, November 22, 2011.
- Kathleen Dunn Show, Wisconsin Public Radio, August 18, 2011.
- Interview with 'Kivalina' Author Christine Shearer, DeSmogBlog, August 3, 2011.
- Jeff Biggers, Best Book of 2011: "Kivalina: A Climate Change Story," Huffington Post, December 16, 2011.
- Ted Nace, As waves lap at their doorsteps, Alaskan islanders take on climate polluters," Grist, Sep. 10, 2011.
- Bryan Walker, Kivalina: A Climate Change Story, Hot Topic, July 20, 2011.