Claire L. Gaudiani
Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Claire Gaudiani, according to her bio on her personal website, "is an expert on the history and economics of American philanthropy."
Gaudiani opposes greater regulation of "private philanthropy."
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
Gaudiani is Adjunct Professor of Philanthropy at the Wagner School of Public Service of New York University and Chair of Gaudiani Associates. From 2001-2004, Dr. Gaudiani was a Senior Research Scholar at the Yale University Law School.
Gaudiani serves on the Board of Directors of the Mutual Bond Insurance Agency (MBIA), Inc., the world's largest insurer of municipal bonds, where she currently chairs the Corporate Governance Committee of the Board. She has been on the Boards of The Bank of Southern Connecticut, Citizens Bank of Connecticut and Southern New England Telephone Co, which was sold to SBC Communications (now AT&T). She is currently on the boards of the Henry Luce Foundation and the National Council for Economic Education.
Gaudiani was President of Connecticut College for 13 years, where she was also Professor of French. During her tenure from 1988-2001, Connecticut College quintupled its endowment and rose to the top 25 liberal arts colleges in the nation.
Resources and articles
- ↑ Claire Gaudiani, Short bio, personal Website, accessed July 19, 2007.
- ↑ AmP Publishers Group, Generosity Unbound: How American Philanthropy Can Strengthen the Economy and Expand the Middle Class, publisher's website, accessed July 11, 2011
- ↑ American Legislative Exchange Council, Claire Gaudiani speaks at ALEC 's 2009 Annual Meeting, YouTube video, August 5, 2009
- ↑ Claire Gaudiani, About Claire, personal website, accessed July 11, 2011
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Claire Gaudiani, Claire's further career achievements and life as a College President, personal website, accessed July 11, 2011
- ↑ Board, International Center for Conciliation, accessed July 19, 2007.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|