Cole Wilbur "is a trustee and Past President of the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. He was the CEO at Packard for 23 years. Cole was Interim President and CEO of the Council on Foundations during the fall of 2005 and received the Distinguished Grantmaker’s Award in 1999. He previously was the CEO of the Sierra Club Foundation for six years (1969 to 1976). Prior to that he worked in international banking with the United California Bank and was the General Manager of a computer service bureau. Cole has a BA and MBA from Stanford University. He is on the boards of The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, Philanthropic Ventures Foundation, the Institute for Global Ethics, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte, Colorado College, NARAL Foundation and the Stanford Theatre Foundation. He serves on a number of Advisory Boards and as a Senior Fellow at the Council on Foundations and for the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors." 
- Steering Committee, National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers 
- Advisory Board, Diversity in Philanthropy 
- Director, Philanthropic Ventures Fund 
- Leadership Council, Hispanics in Philanthropy 
Resources and articles
- Cole Wilbur, Change Makers, accessed September 16, 2007.
- About Us, National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers, accessed September 16, 2007.
- Advisory Board, Diversity in Philanthropy, accessed November 11, 2008.
- Directors, Philanthropic Ventures Fund, accessed January 10, 2009.
- Directors, Hispanics in Philanthropy, accessed April 13, 2010.