Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
|Company Name||Cooper Industries|
|CEO Name||Kirk Hachigian|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$4,421,060|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$137,300,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$5,409,000,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$3,500,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$740,000|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Cooper Industries plc describes itself as "a diversified global manufacturer of electrical components and tools, with 2011 revenues of $5.4 billion." Founded in 1833, Cooper Industries has seven operating divisions producing electrical and electronic fuses, explosion-proof electrical equipment, lighting fixtures, and power systems products.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of January 2013:
- Stephen G. Butler -- Director since 2002
- James J. Postl -- Director since 2003
- Ivor J. Evans -- Director since 2003
- Dan F. Smith -- Director since 1998
- Kirk S. Hachigian-- Director since 2004
- Gerald B. Smith -- Director since 2000
- Linda A. Hill -- Director since 1994
- Mark S. Thompson -- Director since 2007
- Lawrence D. Kingsley -- Director since 2007
Cooper US, Inc.
600 Travis Street
Houston, Texas 77002-1001
P O Box 4446
Houston, Texas 77210-4446
Phone: (713) 209-8400
Cooper Industries plc
Maynooth Business Campus
Articles and resources
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- Cooper, "Company Overview", organization website, accessed January 21, 2013
- Cooper, "Investor Overview", organization website, accessed January 21, 2013
- Cooper, “Directors”, organization website, accessed January 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|