Tickell was chair of John Major's Sustainable development Panel in 1994, and a member of Sir Richard Rogers Urban Task Force. He was a spokesman for the Optimum Population Trust during their controversial conference (Observer, 28 July 2003)
- President, Tree Aid 
- Chairman, Climate Institute (Chairman of the Board of the Climate Institute of Washington DC 1990 - 2002, and Chairman Emeritus since 2002)
- Honorary Vice President, Royal Geographical Society  (President of the Royal Geographical Society 1990 - 1993, Vice-President 1993 - 2002, Hon Vice President 2002)
- Earthwatch Institute: International Advisory Council 
- Patron, Population Matters
- Advisory Group, Population and Sustainability Network 
- Co-vice President, Interact Worldwide 
- Advisory Council, LEAD International 
- Council of Management, The Ditchley Foundation 
- Editorial Advisory Board, Chinadialogue.net 
- Member, Scientific and Medical Network 
- International Advisory Council, Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice 
- Member, Club of Rome 
- Chair (2006), Climate Care’s Environmental Steering Committee
Other Affiliations 
- Chairman, Gaia Society (1998 - 2001)
- Chairman of the Gaia Special Interest Group of the Geological Society of London since 2000
- Chairman of the International Institute for Environment and Development 1990 - 1994
- Chairman of Earthwatch Europe 1991-1997
- Chairman of the Advisory Committee on the Darwin Initiative for the Survival of Species 1992 - 1999
- Chairman of the Advisory Committee on the Environment (ACE) of the International Council for Science 1999 - 2004
- Senior Inaugural Visiting Fellow at Harvard University Center for the Environment 2002 - 2003.
- Trustee of the Reuters Foundation 2000 -
- Trustee of TERI Europe 2003 -
- Chairman of the Trustees of Leadership for Environment and Development UK 2001-2005
- Trustee of the Baring Foundation 1992 - 2002
- Trustee of the British Museum of Natural History 1992 - 2001
- Trustee of World Wide Fund for Nature (UK)1993 - 1999
- Trustee of the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh 1997 - 2001
- Chairman of the Advisory Committee on the Global Future of Civil Nuclear Energy (within the Sustainable Energy Programme of the Royal Institute of International Affairs) 2000 - 2002
- President, Education Section of the British Association for the Advancement of Science 2002 - 2003
- Senior Advisor to the Global Environment Facility in Washington DC USA 1994 - 2003
- Vice President of Interact Worldwide (previously Population Concern) since 1990
- Judge, Virgin Earth Challenge
- President of the Marine Biological Association 1990-2001, and Vice President since 2001
- Honorary President, Good Earth Trust 
- Climate Change in World Affairs, with a preface by Solly Zukerman (1977, republished 1984, Harvard International Affairs Committee)
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Tree Aid Trustees, organizational web page, accessed April 2, 2012.
- ↑ Directors, Royal Geographical Society, accessed April 25, 2009.
- ↑ International Advisory Council, Earthwatch Institute, accessed August 3, 2007.
- ↑ Advisory Group, Population and Sustainability Network, accessed April 24, 2008.
- ↑ Trustees, Interact Worldwide, accessed September 16, 2008.
- ↑ Advisory Council, LEAD International, accessed April 22, 2009.
- ↑ Council of Management, The Ditchley Foundation, accessed June 16, 2010.
- ↑ About, Chinadialogue.net, accessed November 22, 2010.
- ↑ Scientific and Medical Network Member, organizational web page, accessed February 3, 2012.
- ↑ Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice International Advisory Counci, organizational web page, accessed June 19, 2012.
- ↑ Club of Rome Crispin Tickell, organizational web page, accessed September 3 2012.
- ↑ CV, Crispin Tickell, accessed April 29, 2009.
- ↑ Good Earth Trust Trustees, organizational web page, accessed October 10, 2012.