|This is a profile of a former U.S. Representative. (See the Oregon portal for all incumbents, candidates and blogs.)|
Record and controversies
Hooley voted against the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 that started the Iraq War.
For more information on environmental legislation, see the Energy and Environment Policy Portal
Hooley was born on April 4, 1939 in Williston, North Dakota. In 1961, she received a bachelor of science degree from Oregon State University and worked as a school teacher until 1975. She served on the West Linn City Council from 1976 to 1980. Hooley was elected to the Oregon State Legislature and served as a State Representitive from 1980 to 1986. She served on the Clackamas County Board of Commissioners from 1986 to 1996. In 2000, Hooley was a delegate representing Oregon at the Democratic National Convention.
On February 7, 2008, Hooley announced she would not seek reelection in 2008, and would retire at the end of her term. She said that demands of 23 years in public service were a factor in her decision, noting that "At some point in everybody's life you have to decide, how much longer do I want to do this?"
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00007700&cycle=2006</crpcontribdata>
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Darlene Hooley
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Darlene Hooley from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Darlene Hooley from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Darlene Hooley from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and Affiliations
Committee assignments in the 110th Congress (2007-2008)
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection
- Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality
- Subcommittee on Environment and Hazardous Materials
- Subcommittee on Health
- House Committee on Science and Technology
- Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight
- Subcommittee on Research and Science Education
- House Committee on Budget
Committee assignments in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)
- House Committee on Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Subcommittee on Capital Markets Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- House Committee on Science
- Subcommittee on Research - Ranking Minority Member
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity
More Background Data
District Office- Salem:
315 Mission Street Southeast #101
Salem, OR 97302
District Office- West Linn:
21570 Willamette Drive
West Linn, OR 97068
Articles and Resources
- ↑ Roll call vote, Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002.
- ↑ Jeff Kosseff and Charles Pope, "Rep. Hooley will not run for re-election", The Oregonian, February 7, 2008
- Darlene Hooley's Colbert Report interview. (Other Colbert Report interviews with members of Congress.)
- Open Secrets - 2006 congressional races database
- Steve Mayes, "Out-of-state group zeroes in on Hooley. Election - The organization attempts to tarnish the Democrat's voting record," OregonLive.com, October 4, 2006. re Economic Freedom Fund
- "Swiftboat Gang comes after Darlene Hooley," BlueOregon.com, October 4, 2006.
- Matthew Daly, "Hooley strikes back against Swift Boat group that targets her," Associated Press (Examiner), October 18, 2006.
Local blogs and discussion sites
- Chuck Currie, M.Div.
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- Loaded Orygun
- Portland Transport
- Worldwide Pablo
- The Archimedes Movement
- NewWest.net -- A Refreshing, new kind of journalism.
|Current Office: U.S. House of Representatives|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
|Committees: House Committee on Budget, House Committee on Energy and Commerce, House Committee on Energy and Commerce/Subcommittee on Commerce Trade and Consumer Protection, House Committee on Energy and Commerce/Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality, House Committee on Energy and Commerce/Subcommittee on Health, House Committee on Science and Technology, House Committee on Science and Technology/Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight, House Committee on Science and Technology/Subcommittee on Research and Science Education|
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 5, 1996
|First Took Current Office:
January 3, 1997
January 3, 2009
|Previous Political Work?
Clackamas County Commission, Oregon House of Representatives, West Linn City Council
|Other Party Membership:|
|Zip Code Affiliations:|
Date of Birth: April 4, 1939