|This is a profile of a U.S. Representative who, due to election loss or retirement, will not return for the 111th Congress. (See the Tennessee portal for all incumbents, candidates and blogs.)|
David Davis, a Republican, has represented the First Congressional District of Tennessee in the U.S. House of Representatives since 2007. (map) since 2007. He lost the 2008 primary election to Phil Roe.
- 1 Record and controversies
- 2 Biography
- 3 Money in politics
- 4 Committees and Affiliations
- 5 More Background Data
- 6 Contact
- 7 Articles and resources
Record and controversies
For more information on environmental legislation, see the Energy and Environment Policy Portal
Born November 6, 1959, Davis earned his A.A.S. in respiratory therapy from California College in 1983 and his B.S. in organizational management from Milligan College in 1991. He is the president of Shared Health Services, Inc. He and his wife Joyce have two children.
Davis served as a Republican representative to Tennessee state legislature from the sixth district before running for Congress. While in the state legislature, he focused extensively on issues dealing with health care, and, most specifically, home healthcare. 
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00008758&cycle=2006</crpcontribdata>
|Links to more campaign contribution information for David Davis
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for David Davis from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for David Davis from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for David Davis from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and Affiliations
- House Committee on Education and Labor
- Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- Subcommittee on Healthy Families and Communities
- House Committee on Homeland Security
- Subcommittee on Emergency Communications, Preparedness, and Response
- House Committee on Small Business
- Subcommittee on Rural and Urban Entrepreneurship
- Subcommittee on Contracting and Technology, Ranking Member
More Background Data
320 West Center Street
P.O Box 769
Kingsport, TN 37660
Articles and resources
- David Davis' Campaign, official campaign site.
Local blogs and discussion sites
|Current Office: None|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
Subcommittee on Contracting and Technology
|Committees: House Committee on Education and Labor, House Committee on Education and Labor/Subcommittee on Health Employment Labor and Pensions, House Committee on Education and Labor/Subcommittee on Healthy Families and Communities, House Committee on Homeland Security, House Committee on Homeland Security/Subcommittee on Emergency Communications Preparedness and Response, House Committee on Small Business, House Committee on Small Business/Subcommittee on Contracting and Technology, House Committee on Small Business/Subcommittee on Rural and Urban Entrepreneurship|
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 7, 2006
|First Took Current Office:
January 3, 2007
January 3, 2009
|Previous Political Work?
U.S. House of Representatives, Tennessee General Assembly
|Other Party Membership:|
|Zip Code Affiliations:|
Date of Birth: November 6, 1959