David H. Koch
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Coal barons|
David H. Koch is one of the billionaire brothers who co-own Koch Industries, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world. David leads a foundation named after him and his brother Charles G. Koch runs a foundation named after himself. Charles also play a key role in the Claude Lambe Foundation. In a 2008 article, the New York Times called David Koch "the wealthiest resident of New York City."
David Koch Admits to Funding Walker Campaign
David Koch admitted that he is helping fund Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s campaign in an interview with The Palm Beach Post. In the February 2012 interview Koch acknowledged that his group – Americans for Prosperity - is hard at work in Wisconsin, where Gov. Scott Walker is facing off with public unions and grappling with a possible recall vote.
"We're helping him, as we should. We've gotten pretty good at this over the years," he says. "We've spent a lot of money in Wisconsin. We're going to spend more," said Koch.
Funded by Koch money, Americans for Prosperity spent about $700,000 on an "It's working" television ad buy in the state that credits Walker's public pension and union overhaul with giving school districts the first surpluses they've seen in years.
"What Scott Walker is doing with the public unions in Wisconsin is critically important. He's an impressive guy and he's very courageous…If the unions win the recall, there will be no stopping union power," said David Koch.  
David Koch is on record saying that he was unconvinced that global warming has been caused by human activity. Even if it has been, he said, the heating of the planet will be beneficial, resulting in longer growing seasons in the Northern Hemisphere. “The Earth will be able to support enormously more people because far greater land area will be available to produce food,” he said. 
- Director, Prostate Cancer Foundation 
- Emeriti Director, Earthwatch Institute
- Trustee, Rockefeller University 
- Trustee, Metropolitan Museum of Art 
- Director, National Museum of Natural History 
- Council of Advisors, National Geographic Society Accessed January 2009: 
- Chairman of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation;
- Honorary Trustee, African Wildlife Foundation 
- Trustee, WNET 
Articles & sources
David Koch was a passenger on USAir flight 1493 which crashed at LAX on February 1st 1991 
- Forbes.com America's Largest Private Companies- #@ Koch Industries, accessed March 1, 2011
- Stacy Singer, David Koch intends to cure cancer in his lifetime and remake American politics, Palm Beach Post, February 18, 2012
- John Nichols, David Koch Admits to Helping Walker Big Time, The Cap Times, February 20, 2012
- Prostate Cancer Foundation Board, organizational web page, accessed July 11, 2013.
- Trustees, Rockefeller University, accessed December 28, 2007.
- Directors, Metropolitan Museum of Art, accessed June 16, 2010.
- Directors, National Museum of Natural History, accessed October 5, 2008.
- About, National Geographic Society, accessed January 17, 2009.
- "Americans for Prosperity Foundation", Guidestar, accessed February 2009.
- Trustees, African Wildlife Foundation, accessed December 16, 2011.
- WNET TRUSTEES, organizational web page, accessed October 20, 2012.
- Bill Berkowitz, "Patron saints of right wing think tanks acquire Georgia Pacific Corp: Oil barons Charles and David Koch, two of the nation's worst environmental criminals, now control the country's largest privately held company", Working for Change, December 6, 2005.
- The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama.http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer#ixzz1440AGk88