Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (doing business as Deloitte) is one of the Big Four accounting firms, the others being Ernst & Young, KPMG, and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Deloitte LLP is a brand under which hundreds of firms work to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services. These firms are members of a UK private company limited by guarantee called Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, or DTTL. The firm was originally established as an accounting practice in London, United Kingdom by William Welch Deloitte in 1845. The firm is headquartered in New York, New York.
In 2011, Deloitte reported 2,098,000,000 British Pounds in total revenues.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of February 2013:
- Joe Echevarria: CEO, Deloitte LLP
- Punit Renjen: Chairman, Deloitte LLP
Former key executives
- James H. Quigley, Chief Executive Officer and Director
- Libero Milone, Managing Partner, Human Resources
- Wolfgang Richter, Chief Information Officer
Deloitte & Touche worked with Lorillard Tobacco Company.
The company spent $2,840,000 for lobbying in 2006. In-house lobbyists along with seven outside lobbying firms were used. The lobbying firms included Barbour, Griffith and Rogers, Clark & Weinstock, and Mayer, Brown et al. 
New York, NY 10019
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "About Deloitte", Deloitte, Accessed January 24, 2013.
- ↑ "William Welch Deloitte", Deloitte, Accessed January 24, 2013.
- ↑ "Deloitte Office Locator", Deloitte, Accessed January 24, 2013.
- ↑ "Financial Statements 2011", Deloitte, 2011.
- ↑ "Leadership", Deloitte, Accessed January 24, 2013.
- ↑ Deloitte Key People, Hoovers, accessed August 2007.
- ↑ Pioneers and Rangers, Texans for Public Justice, accessed August 2007.
- ↑ 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed August 2007.
- ↑ Deloitte lobbying expenses, Open Secrets.
This article may include information from Tobacco Documents Online.
|Search the Documents Archives of the Tobacco Industry|
|Legacy Tobacco Documents Library:|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|