Eagle 1 Mine
Eagle 1 Mine is a coal mining operation in Bolt, West Virginia, operated by Rhino Energy (Rhino Eastern LLC, a 51%-owned subsidiary of Rhino Resource Partners LP) and controlled by Wexford Capital. Rhino Eastern is a joint venture of Patriot Coal.
On April 8, 2011, the United States Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) terminated two imminent danger orders issued on March 18, 2011 to Rhino Eastern LLC regarding its Eagle No. 1 Mine, allowing the company to resume production.
- MSHA ID: 4608758
- Operator: Rhino Energy
- Controller: Wexford Capital
- County: Raleigh
- State: WV
- 2007 Production (short tons):
- Coal Type:
- Mining Method:
- Mine Status: Active
- Average No. of Employees:
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Capitol Power Plant
- Peabody Energy
- West Virginia and coal
- U.S. coal politics
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Proposed coal mines
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- ↑ "US Department of Labor Notice" Nov. 19, 2010.
- ↑ "Rhino Resource Partners to Resume Production at Its Eagle No. 1 Mine" MSN Money, April 8, 2011.
- "Major U.S. Coal Mines," Energy Information Administration
- Beth Gorczyca Ryan, "Coal company works to comply with laws," The State Journal, March 9, 2006