Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
|CEO Name||Rolla Huff|
|Annual Company Revenue||$1,314,104,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$651,300|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Earthlink describes itself as "a leading IT services, network and communications provider to more than 150,000 businesses and over one million consumers nationwide."
Earthlink was founded by Sky Daton, a member of the Church of Scientology in 1994. Critics of the company's founder cite that the initial start-up funds provided for Earthlink came from the Church or affliated groups.
In 2000, EarthLink merged with MindSpring, another ISP aslo founed in 1994
EarthLink recorded revenues of $1,314,104,000 in 2011.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Earthlink is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of January 2013
- Rolla P. Huff: Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President
- Bradley A. Ferguson: Chief Financial Officer
- James P. O'Brien: Executive Vice President, Infrastructure Engineering and Operations
- Brian Fink: Chief Technology Officer
- Mae Squier-Dow: President, Sales
- Michael D. Toplisek: Executive Vice President, Products and Marketing
- Kevin F. Brand: Executive Vice President, Customer Delivery and Care
- Robert L. Scott: Chief Information Officer
- Samuel R. DeSimone, Jr.: Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Stacie S. Hagan: Executive Vice President, People and Corporate Processes
Board of Directors
As of January 2013
- Rolla P. Huff: Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Marce Fuller: Independent Lead Director
- Thomas E. "Tom" Wheeler
- M. Wayne Wisehart
- Susan D. Bowick
- David Koretz
- Garry K. McGuire
1375 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- ↑ EArthLink, "About Us", organizational website, accessed January 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 EarthLink, "EarthLink's History", organizational website, accessed January 2013
- ↑ Michael Learmonth, "EarthLink & Scientology",Metroactive, March 19, 1998
- ↑ EarthLink, "2011 Annual Report", organizational document, page 41.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Our Leadership", organizational website, accessed January 2013