Ties to Right-Wing Groups
O'Keefe is the CEO of SAM. O'Keefe has been featured at events funded by David Koch's Americans for Prosperity (AFP) group which is heavily involved in supporting right-wing politicians with independent expenditures and other assistance that stretches the limits of legality. O'Keefe is a right-wing political operative that has deep ties to the Koch brothers. He helped launch the American Majority Tea Party group which trains right-wing candidates to run for office. He sits on the Board of Directors of the Club for Growth Wisconsin, which ran divisive ads in support of Governor Scott Walker's radical overhaul of collective bargaining rights for Wisconsin workers. He has also served on the board of Koch's Institute for Humane Studies, the Center for Competitive Politics, and chairs the Health Care Compact Alliance.
"O'Keefe is a right-wing political operative that has deep ties to the Koch brothers." He sits on the board of the Koch's Institute for Humane Studies, and has been featured at several events funded by David Koch's Americans for Prosperity (AFP) group. He also sits on the Board of Directors for Club for Growth Wisconsin, the group behind "divisive ads in support of Governor Scott Walker's radical overhaul of collective bargaining rights for Wisconsin workers" and for the Center for Competitive Politics.
- Board of Directors, Citizens in Charge, an Initiative and Referendum advocacy group.
- President, Legislation Education Action Drive, a pro-voucher PAC
- Longtime Libertarian Party activist, along with his wife, Leslie Graves (formerly known as Leslie Keys), and reportedly aligned with Ed Crane through her ties to Update newsletter
- Lucy Burns Institute, official sponsor of Ballotpedia and Judgepedia. His wife is president and the organization receives funds from SAM
- Also connected to "Rachel's Vineyard," an "abortion recovery" group, through his wife, who has been involved in managing the group's publicity 
- Author of book that argues for term limits (entitled Who Rules America: The People versus the Political Class)
Articles and resources
- [Sara Jerving, http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/11/11791/lucy-burns-institute-publishers-ballotpedia-judgepedia-and-wikifoia-and-her-right "Lucy Burns Institute (Publishers of Ballotpedia and Judgepedia) and Her Right-Wing Bedfellows"]
- "About", organizational website, accessed November 2012
- Health Care Compact Alliance website, "About Us" page, accessed Apr. 12, 2011.
- The Libertarian Forum. Volume XVI, Number 6, July 1982. "Double Victory for Agression", from "Ludwig von Mise Institute", organizational website, accessed November 2012
Related SourceWatch articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|