Henry R. Linden
Henry R. Linden has a long relation with both the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) and the gas industry. He received his Ph.D. in 1952 from IIT, is a member of IIT's faculty since 1954 and is currently the Max McGraw Professor of Energy and Power Engineering at IIT and director of IIT's interdisciplinary Energy and Power Center.
Linden joined in 1947 the Institute of Gas Technology (IGT). He became IGT's research director in 1956, vice president in 1968, and president in 1974. In 1977 he was the first president of the Gas Research Institute (GRI). After his retirement as president of GRI in April 1987 he was still active at GRI as an executive advisor. In 2000 IGT and GRI merged and are now known as the Gas Technology Institute (GTI).
Henry R. Linden is a member of the Board of Science Advisors of the Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP) and like most other members of that board he also signed the Leipzig Declaration on Global Climate Change.
- 1944 B.S. from Georgia Institute of Technology (Chemical Engineering)
- 1947 M.ChE. from Polytechnic University (formerly Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn)
- 1952 Ph.D. from Illinois Institute of Technology (Chemical Engineering)
- "The Greening of Industrial Ecosystems," National Academies Press, 1994
- "GTI Dedicates New Research Facility to Dr. Henry R. Linden," Gas Technology Institute, December 4, 2003
- "Henry R. Linden, Illinois Institute of Technology