High Park Advocacy Group
The High Park Advocacy Group, Inc. (HPG), a.k.a. the High Park Group, is a "Toronto based public affairs and policy consulting firm," its website states.
According to the Lobbyists Registration System, Government of Canada, HPG is registered as a lobbying firm for several energy industry clients.  The Ottawa, Ontario, Yellow Pages lists HPG as "Government Relations Consultants". 
Energy Industry Clients
The following information for 2006 is in accordance with information available through the Lobbyists Registration System, Government of Canada. High Park Advocacy Group, Inc, is registered as a lobbyist for: 
- Areva Canada Inc. (the Areva Group is the world's largest nuclear power company)
- ARISE Technologies Corporation (a Canadian-based public solar technology company) (web)
- Association of Canadian Search Employment and Staffing Services (ACSESS) -- Ottawa Chapter (web)
- Canadian Electricity Association (web)
- Canadian Gas Association (web)
In August 2006, Charles Montgomery wrote in The Globe and Mail that Tom Harris, then a senior associate with HPG, was a "registered lobbyist for the Canadian Electricity Association and the Canadian Gas Association."
On May 5, 2006, the Canadian Electricity Association registered HPG's Kathleen McGinnis to represent its interests in Ottawa to "lobby the following government departments: Prime Minister's Office, National Energy Board, Natural Resources Canada" regarding "Energy, Environment, Industry, Internal Trade, International Trade. In particular, all activities of the National Energy Board and NRCan related to Electric Transmission." 
- "Mr. Egan is president of the High Park Group, a public policy consulting firm that focuses largely on energy issues out of its offices in Toronto and Ottawa. He is retained by the Canadian Electricity Association on a range of issues, including U.S. advocacy (monitoring the U.S. Congress and [Bush] Administration on issues of interest to the Canadian electricity industry)."
HPG states that it offers the following services to its clients, which includes "private corporations", "national and international not-for-profit organizations", and "federal, provincial and municipal governments". 
- policy and strategic consulting
- project development
- project management
- issues management
- research initiatives and analysis
- economic analytics
- direct lobbying
- event planning
- media relations
- Timothy M. Egan, President
- Julio Lagos, Director, Regulatory Affairs
- Kara Johnson, Director, Government Relations
The HIGHPARKGROUP.COM domain name was registered January 22, 2003, via NameCheap.com. Registrant and technical contact is Timothy Egan (tegan AT spectranet.ca), High Park Advocacy Group, at 263 Roncesvalles, Suite 4, Toronto, ON M6R 2L9 CA. The IP address (22.214.171.124) belongs to Interland, Inc. of Marietta, GA. 
The listed web server is INTERLAND.NET. However, the URL http://www.interland.net is an inactive link.
303 Jane Street
Toronto, Ontario M6S3Z3
Phone: 416 535-2815 Ext. 26
FAX: 416 531-4769
Email: info AT highparkgroup.com
Phone: 613 234-3039
FAX: 613 234-6905
Email: ottawa AT highparkgroup.com
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Tim Lambert, "What does Tim Ball mean by 'to my knowledge'?" Deltoid (ScienceBlogs.com), July 5, 2006. re Tim Ball
- Charles Montgomery, "Mr. Cool. Nurturing doubt about climate change is big business," The Gobe and Mail (Canada) (CharlesMontgomery.ca), August 12, 2006.