Huguette Labelle "holds a Doctor of Philosophy, Education. She is a Companion of the Order of Canada. She has been awarded honorary degrees from 10 Canadian Universities and has received the Vanier Medal of the Institute of Public Administration of Canada, the Outstanding Achievement Award of the Public Service of Canada and the McGill Management Achievement Award.
"She has served as Deputy Head of different Canadian Governments Departments including Transport Canada, the Public Service Commission and the Canadian International Development Agency. She has served on more than 20 councils and boards.
"She is currently Chancellor of the University of Ottawa and is serving on the board of a number of organizations such as the International Institute for Sustainable Development, the International Union for Conservation of Nature, the African Virtual University and Chair of the Financial Services Ombudsnetwork. She is also a Commissioner of the World Commission on Globalization. She is providing advisory services to several national and international institutions." 
- Chair of the board of directors, Transparency International
- Board member (1999 at least), International Development Research Centre
- Regional Councillor, International Union for the Conservation of Nature
- Former President, Canadian International Development Agency
- International Senior Advisory Board, International Anti-Corruption Academy 
- "Biography", Accessed March 2007.
Resources and articles
- International Anti-Corruption Academy International Senior Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed September 1, 2012.