James River Power Station
James River Power Station is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by City Utilities of Springfield, Missouri.
- Owner: City Utilities of Springfield
- Parent Entity: City of Springfield, Missouri
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 253 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 22 MW (1957), 22 MW (1957), 44 MW (1960), 60 MW (1964), 105 MW (1970)
- Location: 5701 South Kissick Rd., Springfield, MO 65804
- GPS Coordinates: 37.108158, -93.258308
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,401,226 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Missouri and coal
- City Utilities of Springfield
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|