Jamestown Associates LLC describes itself as a "full-service Republican political and public affairs consulting firm" with offices in Washington, D.C., Princeton, N.J., Baton Rouge, La., and Dallas, Texas,
Jamestown Associates claims that it "has maintained a win rate of over 90% of their races like Mike Ferguson (NJ) in 2000, Rick Renzi (AZ) in 2002 and Connie Mack (FL) in 2004." It has represented New York Governor George Pataki and New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman and "such groups as Americans for Job Security, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the Republican Jewish Coalition, as well as former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu." The firm features the photographs of Connecticut Governor M. Jodi Rell, Rep. Christopher Shays (Conn.), Rep. Mike Ferguson, and Rep. Tim Walberg (Mich.) on its home page. To its list of credits, it includes Rep. Cathy Morris (Wash.), Rep. Jim Saxton (N.J.), Rep. Mary Bono (Calif.), Rep. Sam Johnson (Tex.), Rep. Patrick McHenry (N.C.), and Rep. John McHugh (N.Y.). Additional organizations represented by Jamestown Associates include the NFIB, Citizen Action Group, and All Children Matter.
On behalf of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the firm "produced over 55 television spots for 22 top-targeted members of Congress and four members of the Senate, and also produced direct mail on behalf of 25 top-targeted candidates, including six Senate races."
- Larry Weitzner, CEO
- Tom Blakely, President
- Brent Barksdale, Senior Vice President
- Brian Donahue, Senior Vice President
- Leif Larson, Senior Vice President
5 Mapleton Road, Suite 300
Princeton, N.J. 08540
Phone: 609 514-7300
FAX: 609 514-7339
426 C Street, NE
Washington, D.C. 20002
Phone: 202 544-7575
FAX: 202 544-1944
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Company, Jamestown Associates, accessed August 23, 2007.
- ↑ Contact, Jamestown Associates, accessed August 23, 2007.
- ↑ Home page, Jamestown Associates, accessed August 23, 2007.
- ↑ "Press Release," Jamestown Associates, accessed August 23, 2007.
- Michael Bailey, "Going after the ins - campaigns of politicians Barbara Boxer and Al D'Amato," Campaigns & Elections (FindArticles.com), June 1999.
- "All Mail Review - examples of use of direct mail in political advertising," Campaigns & Elections (FindArticles.com), June 2001.
- Charles Kuffner, "Postmortem on attack mailers" (2003 municipal elections) Off the Kuff, May 10, 2004.
- John Williams, "Political snipes tough to track," Houston Chronicle (CamposCommunications.com), May 10, 2004.
- George Ajjan, "Estabrooking with tradition," ajjan.com, May 8, 2007.
- Tiffany Aller, "Ribeiro Named Rudy Giuliani's Political Director in Connecticut," Associated Content, July 7, 2007.
- Tom Jennemann, "With Doherty Out, Estabrook and Pennacchio Remain as Possible GOP Senate Hopefuls," Campaigns & Elections, August 14, 2007.
- Expenditures: Jamestown Associates LLC received payments totaling $295,046, VPAP.org.
- Recipients of Club for Growth Inc., Center for Public Integrity, Jamestown Associates for Election Cycle 2000 and 2002. Not cited in 2004 and 2006.