Leopold is "former Los Angeles bureau chief for Dow Jones Newswire," according to his Process Media Inc. profile, which states:
- Leopold's published writings include "over 2,000 stories on the California energy crisis and received the Dow Jones Journalist of the Year Award in 2001. Leopold also reported extensively on Enron’s downfall and was the first journalist to land an interview with former Enron President Jeffrey Skilling following Enron’s bankruptcy filing in December 2001.
- "Leopold’s work has been published in the Los Angeles Times, The Nation, Salon, The Wall Street Journal, The San Francisco Chronicle, and numerous other national and international publications. Leopold has appeared on CNBC and National Public Radio as an expert on energy policy and has also been the keynote speaker at more than two dozen energy industry conferences around the country. Leopold currently writes about foreign and domestic policy online for the publications Truthout, CounterPunch, Raw Story, and Z Magazine." 
Leopold's articles have also been published or reprinted online in AlterNet, Dissident Voice, Online Journal, Scoop (New Zealand), Online Opinion, Global Research (Canada), Antiwar.com, Political Affairs Magazine, and Common Dreams.
Karl Rove Indictment Controversy: Related Links
Articles by Jason Leopold
- "Karl Rove Indicted on Charges of Perjury, Lying to Investigators," truthout, May 13, 2006.
- "Karl Rove Informs White House He Will Be Indicted," truthout (Political Affairs Magazine), May 14, 2006.
- "Sealed vs. Sealed," truthout, June 12, 2006.
Media and Blog Response
- "Karl Rove Indictment Controversy" (Truthout.org) in the Wikipedia.
- Byron York, The Corner, National Review Online, May 14, 2006.
- thenudge, "Who's right? Jason Leopold or The National Review," Daily Kos, May 14, 2006.
- Jeralyn Merritt, "Leopold Responds to Corallo's Denial of Fitzgerald - Luskin Meeting," TalkLeft, May 15, 2006.
- Steven Leser, "Karl Rove Indictment an elaborate Hoax? Did Jason Leopold get Rolled? Most of US Media Waiting to see with Held Breath," OpEdNews.com (uruknet.info), May 15, 2006.
- Peter Daou, Daou Report: "Jason Leopold and the Alleged Rove Indictment," Salon, May 15, 2006.
- DHinMI, "Jason Leopold, Sockpuppet Extraordinaire," Daily Kos, May 15, 2006.
- Anne Marie Squeo, "Rove's Camp Takes Center of Web Storm. Bloggers Underscore How Net's Reporting Dynamics Provide Grist for the Rumor Mill," Wall Street Journal Online, May 16, 2006.
- Steven Leser, "Rove Indictment and Jason Leopold. Brief Update," OpEdNews.com, May 17, 2006.
- Joshua Frank, "Jason Leopold and Karl Rove. Truthout vs. The White House," OpEdNews.com, May 18, 2006.
- Marc Ash, "Update on the Rove Indictment Story," truthout, May 18, 2006.
- David Swanson, "Karl Rove, Jason Leopold and the hunt for the truth," Salon (After Downing Street.org), May 18, 2006.
- Howard Kurtz, "Rove Lawyer Has a Pet Peeve," Washington Post, May 22, 2006.
- Edger, The Moderate Voice (Web Archive), May 23, 2006. Good analysis of the possibilities.
- Brian Carnell, "The Return of Jason Leopold," Brian.Carnell.com, June 3, 2006.
- "Reporter who published indictment report scheduled to make radio appearance," The Raw Story, June 13, 2006.
- Jeralyn Merritt, "Sealed Case 06cr00128 and Outing Sources," Talk Left, June 13, 2006.
- kos, "Rove (and Leopold)," Daily Kos, June 13, 2006: "Luskin doesn't say Rove was cleared of all wrongdoing. Just that there won't be any charges filed. Interesting wording."
- "Truthout reporter stands by claim Rove was indicted," The Raw Story, June 13, 2006.
- Tim Grieve, "Truthout reporter stands by the 'Rove indicted' story," War Room/Salon, June 13, 2006.
- Steven Leser, "Karl Rove Non-Indictment – Time for Jason Leopold and William Rivers Pitt to Pony up with Names and Specifics," OpEdNews.com (uruknet.info), June 13, 2006.
- Paul McLeary, "Jason Leopold Caught Sourceless Again," CJR Daily, June 13, 2006.
- Alexander Cockburn, "The Hot Air Factory," The Nation, June 14, 2006. Subscription required.
- Brian Dominick, "Time for Truthout to Burn Sources on Alleged Rove 'Indictment'," The New Standard, June 14, 2006.
- Peter Daou, "Rove's Lawyer Uses Jason Leopold to Attack Bloggers, Defend Media," The Grit (Daou Report) Blogspot, June 14, 2006. Ref: Anna Schneider-Mayerson, "Rove Case Lawyer Blackberries Karl: 'Fitzgerald Called'. Robert Luskin Sends Bush's Brain Message on Plane: 'Case Over'; Attacks Blogosphere," New York Observer, June 19, 2006 (issue).
- Marc Ash, "Standing Down on the Rove Matter," truthout, June 16, 2006. See EatCrow.org for details on this story.
- Sam Smith, "News Junkie - Jason Leopold," Scoop (New Zealand), June 16, 2006.
- Joe Lauria, "My Unwitting Role in the Rove 'Scoop'," Washington Post, June 18, 2006.
- Brian Montopoli, "Leopold and Lauria," Public Eye/CBS News, June 19, 2006.
- Alexander Cockburn, "The Left and the Blatherspere. The Rove Fixation," CounterPunch, June 19, 2006.
This is a chronological listing of some of the articles written by Jason Leopold.
- Andy Behrman, "Exclusive Interview with Jason Leopold," Bipolar Disorder/About.com, January 16, 2005.
- "A note from the editors. Why we took down the Tom White story," Salon, October 1, 2002.
- Tamara Baker, "Hitting the Trifecta. Did The New York Times undermine Paul Krugman, Jason Leopold and Salon in order to placate the Bushies?" APJP/American Politics.com, October 4, 2002.
- Cynthia Cotts, "Smear for Smear. Enron Pits 'Times,' 'Salon' Against Freelancer," Village Voice, October 16-22, 2002.
- Buddy Grizzard, "Media Meltdown: The Jason Leopold Saga," Guerilla News Network, November 6, 2002.
- "Investigative Reporter Jason Leopold Exposes Dirty Politics, Corporate Scandal and His Own Double Life in Engaging New Book," PRWeb, December 11, 2004: "In Off the Record, Jason Leopold reveals in startling detail how his desire to land the scoop at any cost ended up costing him his career and how that made him come to terms with his past he had kept hidden for nearly a decade."
- Howard Kurtz, "Subject's Challenge Derails Reporter's Book Project," Washington Post, March 9, 2005.
- Swopa, "Playing 'name that source' with Jason Leopold," Needlenose, January 27, 2006.
Resources and articles
- Directors, Truthout, accessed July 15, 2010.