Johan Norberg is, since March 2007, a senior fellow at the Cato Institute, the mission of which is to "increase the understanding of public policies based on the principles of limited government, free markets, individual liberty, and peace". He is a staunch defender of free trade and author of In Defence of Global Capitalism.
From 2002 to 2005, Norberg was head of political ideas at [TIMBRO], the mission of which is "is to originate, promote and disseminate ideas and issues supporting the principles of free markets, free enterprise, individual liberty and a free society." TIMBRO was co-founded by the industry association The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise.
From 2006 to 2007 he was a Senior Fellow with the Brussels-based think tank Centre for the New Europe.
- Emma-Kate Symons, "In defence of a global about-face", The Australian, September 17, 2005
- Michael Duffy, "A world of difference", Sydney Morning Herald, September 24, 2005.
- Cato Institute retrieved 23 Nov 2009.
- Wikipedia article on Johan Norberg
- Wikpedia article on Centre for the New Europe
- Johan Norberg's website