Kenneth G. Langone
Kenneth G. Langone is the "founder, and since 1974, has been Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and President, of Invemed Associates, LLC, a New York Stock Exchange firm engaged in investment banking and brokerage. He is a founder of Home Depot, Inc. and has been a director since 1978. He is also a director of ChoicePoint, Inc., and Unifi, Inc." SInce Octover 1997 he has been a Director of Yum! Brands, Inc.
In October 2004 interview with Fortune magazine Langone defended the massive payout he authorised as New York Stock Exchange compensation committee chair to the former NYSE head Dick Grasso. Commenting on some of the members of the NYSE Board of Directors Langone said "They got the wrong fucking guy. I'm nuts, I'm rich, and boy, do I love a fight. I'm going to make them shit in their pants. When I get through with these fucking captains of industry, they’re going to wish they were in a Cuisinart — at high speed. If Grasso gives back a fucking nickel, I’ll never talk to him again."  
- Trustee, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Trustee, Harlem Children's Zone
- Trustee, New York University 
- Director, New York Stock Exchange
- Director, Robin Hood Foundation 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Trustees, New York University, accessed June 16, 2010.
- ↑ 2006 Update, Robin Hood Foundation, accessed February 8, 2008.
- "Kenneth G Langone", Forbes, accessed May 2005.
- "Kenneth George Langone:CSIS Trustee", The Center for Strategic & International Studies,
- "Proxy Statement and Notice of 2005 Annual Meeting of Stockholders Proxy Statement", accessed May 2005.
- "Kenneth G. Langone: Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer – Invemed Associates LLC", Choicepoint, accessed May 2005.
- Dominic Rushe, "Grasso denies any excess in $100m pay row: Report claims that friends of the former NYSE chief approved his huge salary", The Sunday Times, February 6, 2005.
- Dominic Rushe, "Conspiracy theories abound ahead of planned NYSE merger", On Wall Street, The Sunday Times - Business, May 1, 2005.
- Rachel Beck, "All Business: The conflicted roles in NYSE merger", Post Gazette, May 2, 2005. (This is an Associated Press story).
- Dan Dorfman, "Langone Readies NYSE Bid", New York Sun, May 6, 2005.