Lawrence Solomon is a columnist for the Financial Post, the National Post, and the managing director of Energy Probe Research Foundation.  He is also a climate change skeptic and authored a book titled, "The Deniers: The world-renowned scientists who stood up against global warming hysteria, political persecution, and fraud,"  which is based on a series of articles he wrote for the National Post. 
Solomon writes in his book "The Deniers" that "As these rather dramatic reversals for the doomsday view mounted, however, I also noticed something striking about my growing cast of deniers. None of them were deniers." Richard Littlemore criticized Solomon for not making clear that the people profiled in the book believe that humans cause global warming, "they just argue about tiny bits of science that even the IPCC admits remain unsettled. ... Neither does Solomon acknowledge the complaints that he has received (and rebuffed) from legitimate scientists whose work he has misrepresented." 
New Scientist criticized Solomon's assertion, in a June 7, 2008, column, that carbon dioxide is "nature's fertilizer, bathing the biota with its life-giving nutrients." Solomon also warned that reducing greenhouse gas emissions could lead to "food production dropping worldwide." However, the magazine points out, Solomon is misrepresenting a 2004 study that concluded that "the change in biomass" over two decades "is largely due to sunnier days in the Amazon and nothing to do with any 'life-giving nutrients' in CO2 or anything else." 
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Global warming skeptics
- Heartland Institute
- International Conference on Climate Change (2009)
- SourceWatch:Project:Creating Articles on Sponsors and Speakers at The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change
- ↑ "Lawrence Solomon," Energy Probe website, accessed March 2009.
- ↑ "The Deniers" on Amazon.com, accessed March 2009.
- ↑ "The Deniers," The National Post (Canada), compilation of Solomon articles, posted December 2007, accessed March 2009.
- ↑ Richard Littlemore, "Lawrence Solomon's 'Deniers' - A Carefully Calculated Lie is Still a Lie," DeSmogBlog.com, November 30, 2008.
- ↑ "Speakers," Heartland Institute website, accessed January 2009.
- ↑ "Feedback," New Scientist, July 5, 2008.
Articles and Presentations by Solomon
- Lawrence Solomon, "Our Green Friends", Presentation to the Heartland Institute's International Conference on Climate Change (2009), March 9, 2009. (The video of the presentation can be downloaded here and of the question and answer session here).
- IPCC too blinkered and corrupt to save http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=55387187-4d06-446f-9f4f-c2397d155a32
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|