Dr. Matthew Alford FHEA is a teaching fellow whose research focuses on the relationship between entertainment, political power, and propaganda in the United States.
- Matthew Alford and William Westaway, The Writer With No Hands.
- Matthew Alford, "Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy", Pluto Press, 2010.
- Matthew Alford, "The Political Impact of the Department of Defense on Hollywood Cinema", forthcoming.
- Matthew Alford, "The Propaganda Model: Universal Applicability Across Screen Entertainment Industries?" in Alison Edgley (ed.) Noam Chomsky: Critical Explorations in Contemporary Political Thought, Palgrave, 2015.
- Tricia Jenkins and Matthew Alford, "Intelligence Activity in Hollywood: Remembering the 'Agency' in CIA", Scope: An Online Journal of Film and TV Studies, June 2012.
- Matthew Alford, "Why Not a Propaganda Model for Hollywood?", in Philip Hammond (ed), Screens of Terror (Arima, 2011).
- Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford, "A History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions Through Film and Television", 49th Parallel, Spring 2011.
- Matthew Alford, "A Propaganda Model for Hollywood", Westminster Papers for Communication and Culture, Vol 6(2), 2009.
- Matthew Alford, "A Propaganda Model for Hollywood? Representations of American foreign policy in contemporary films" PhD Thesis, University of Bath, 2008.
- Synaesthesia Journal, The Tyranny of Official Editors, 2013.
- Corporate Watch, "Screening Our Screens", 2013.
- Z-Net, Interview: Matthew Alford on his Book, November 3rd 2011.
- Media Lens, "Hollywood - Weaponised Dream Factory", October 7th 2010.
- New Left Project, Hollywood Propaganda, August 24th 2010.
- Press TV, "The Real Deal" (George Galloway), July 10th 2012.
- Russia Today, "Captain America and Hollywood Propaganda" July 22nd 2011.
- Al Jazeera, "Empire: Hollywood and the War Machine" December 22nd 2010.
- Press TV, "The Real Deal" (George Galloway), October 3rd 2010.
- Canal Plus Spain, "Spies in Hollywood" (in Spanish), May 27th 2010.
- Matthew Alford, "The Revolution will not be Cinematised", E-International Relations, December 2013.
- Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford, "The Power Behind the Screen", New Statesman, January 29th, 2009.
- Matthew Alford and Robbie Graham, "An Offer They Couldn't Refuse", Guardian, November 14, 2008.
- Matthew Alford, Book Review: Martin Barker, A Toxic Genre, (Pluto Press 2011) in Synthesia.
- Matthew Alford, Book Review: Jeff Klaehn(ed), The Political Economy of Media and Power (Peter Lang, 2010) in Global Media and Communications, Summer 2011.
- Matthew Alford, Book Review: Ben Shapiro, Primetime Propaganda: The True Story of How the Hollywood Left Took Over Your TV (Broadside Books, 2011), January 2012.